Heater Blower Switch (sigh …)

highcking

On my 58 Roadmaster, the rotary blower switch has always worked fine. I’ve turned it maybe 5 time in 7 years. Today in cold weather I decided after warming up the car to check out the heater, which I worked on when the car was apart. Of course … the blower didn’t come on and the switch had a strange feel to it like something had worked loose. By wiggling back and forth a lot I got the blower to come on, so it’s working. But the switch is not and I plan to replace/repair with an eBay unit.

My question. I see the Dagmar knob has what looks like a set screw, but tries with various Allen wrenches did not seem to free the knob from the shaft. Is that in fact a set screw …. Or something else? I have to pull the top of the dash anyway to replace the speedo cable, so I’ll go after this switch at the same time.

Bill in Luray

Bill,

The knob for the heater blower switch is held in place with a set screw, that is usually removed with a allen wrench, BUT I have seen a set screw that requires a small flat blade screw driver to loosen, use a mirror with a flashlight and look at the underside of the knob to tell, I hope this helps.

Bob

• Like 2