PARTS AVAILABILITY FOR OVERLAND

Rod L

Someone who knows Overlands will probably chime in.  In general parts for a teens car are not real plentiful but you will probably find ignition parts fairly easy to get.  They were a fairly popular car then which should help with make specific parts.  Most engine parts can be made by modern day people but at a cost and other parts such as body parts can be made. These old cars are fairly simple and don't have as many parts as modern day cars do but you will find parts will be more expensive but you will need to be in contact with other owners of similar cars.  Sometime the hunt for parts can be a lengthy but rewarding task.   It won't be as easy and ordering from a Model T catalog.

Lots of parts are available go to the Willis Overland club site. If you are buying an Overland factory speedster beware. There are far more fakes than real ones. There are a number of differences from a real factory speedster and the fakes made out of touring cars. 

There is a very nice car on the Horseless Carriage web site now, I know the car from touring with it on tours in past years. The gentleman selling the car is a very honest and straight up guy and will tell you everything about the car. He even states in the ad it is not and original factory speedster. Depending on the year of car you are looking at Overland mechanicals are mostly interchangeable from 1912 thru 1914. 

good luck,

brasscarguy 

1 hour ago, brasscarguy2 said:

Lots of parts are available go to the Willis Overland club site. If you are buying an Overland factory speedster beware. There are far more fakes than real ones. There are a number of differences from a real factory speedster and the fakes made out of touring cars. 

There is a very nice car on the Horseless Carriage web site now, I know the car from touring with it on tours in past years. The gentleman selling the car is a very honest and straight up guy and will tell you everything about the car. He even states in the ad it is not and original factory speedster. Depending on the year of car you are looking at Overland mechanicals are mostly interchangeable from 1912 thru 1914. 

good luck,

brasscarguy 

brasscarguy2,

quite the coincidence, that HC car is the very car I'm thinking about. I will be going to look at it this weekend. I've been searching for the overland club website to no avail, would you have the link? I have had about 12 speedsters in the past, but all were Fords so this concerns me a bit!

Rod