Dodge Senior Window channel Rubber

trini

I have all 6 window glasses , rear window  glass and windshield replaced. The problem I am having is after installing channel run on one side in the window I am have trouble installing the channel run on the other side.The window run I bought is from Myers Early Dodge. Great stuff. But center is too thick so it is binding on the glass and the grove . I installed one side and the other side went in halfway and will not go down and cannot come back up. Stuck halfway for good. I applied a bit of white grease before trying to install but no luck. I had to break the channel run  in pieces and in the process cracked the glass. I have a choice and that is to grind the glass at least a 1/8 on both sides along the channels if I am to use this particular  Whisken) run 

The question is can anybody tell me what channel run will work without shaving the glass? Steele has about 4 different kinds of channel run but which is the appropriate one?

Check with Jeff at Restoration Specialties on channel. They have a good selection and he will send you samples to look at. As with most things today, this type of material is being pared down by manufacturers too, so some styles may no longer be available. Their web site is restorationspecialties.com and the phone is 814-467-9842

I used the #10A-96" Semi Flexible channel From Restoration Specialties in my 27 coupe, it was very very tight getting the 2nd channel in the track. I removed the regulator and just kept wiggling and raising/lowering the glass by hand as I worked the channel down into position. From what I found it is nearly impossible to get it all together doing the regulator install 1st. Only real issue I had was I put the dr's door together like I took it apart and somewhere in time that window had been replaced and the bottom track was in backwards.. With the new channel that window would not close without bending the hell out of the regulator arm..

https://www.restorationspecialties.com/search.asp?keyword=window+channel

l

Edited by BHWINCVAP (see edit history)

Thank you BHWINCVAP, same problem I am Having , by working the riser up and down the tip of my Snapon needle nose pliers broke . Was using it to turn the stub. If push comes to shub I may have to grind the edges of the glass.You probably noticed the glasses are narrow at the top by 1/2 inch. I recently replaced the channels run on my  72 MGB. roadster and they looks pretty close. I think I will try that. Not expensive from Moss.

The only piece of glass I had for a Pattern was a thin sliver along the metal track from the drivers door, so mine was cut square.. I don't know if this will help you get yours it in there or not but here is a step by step of how I did it..

Pull the regulator/ riser 

Drop the window in the door 

Install the Front channel in the track.

Now start fighting with the rear channel to get it in the track, ( this one took a good bit of fighting and cussing and a big attitude) and one very determined the hell you ain't frame of mind. All the while pushing and pulling the channel while rocking the window glass in an up and down side to side motion..

Once it was in, my windows now roll up and down  smoothly and easily by hand and all I have for handles are shards of the former handles..

Now back to the why it won't start battle I have been fighting with if for the past few days..

Edited by BHWINCVAP (see edit history)

I had 2 original glass . No problem there. Look at the underside of the metal channel into which the glass is set in. One inch from the end there is a hole. That hole is opposite, away from the riser handle, makes  it the leading edge while cranking up. In mine all the glass height in that area are 1/2 inch shorter in height . So the glass is definitely not square. The narrow side makes it the leading edge. Away from the crank. I tried rocking the glass back and forth while working the crank handle( the tip of my Snapon needle nose) .It broke . While trying to pull out the channel run which was stuck so hard I lost patience. I thought there was a little Gremlin in there holding it back so I gave him a good description of his mother's anatomy.  It did not work. So on Monday I will be phoning Moss Motors and order 2 channel runs from a 1972 M G B roadster. It is pure smooth felt. I recently installed a set in my MGB. I will keep you fellows posted.

Cheers