1950-52 Buick rear bumper

Mr. Reed

Hello. I'm wondering what the difference is between the 50-52 rear bumpers between all models. The bumper guard/ back up light looks the same until 52 where it looks like Buick kept the back up light pods until they went with a reverse light under and beside the taillight and just put a chrome piece there. I think I've seen both versions the same year. Thanks Nick.

I've seen the guard with no reverse light. I'm mostly after the back up light guard. If there is no difference between the lights years that would be great. Wonder if they changed the design mid year in 52? I've seen 50s without the light and blank covers installed.

That's because backup lights were still an extra cost option in those years. Car could have been ordered with them factory installed, or dealer installed after the car was delivered if the owner wanted them. That was the case at GM at least thru 1965, though they were standard equipment on some of the higher line cars.

Roadies may have had them standard.

Always thought the "beehive" backup lamps like on the Special were a nice design. Used on all 48-52 GM carlines.

• Like 1