HPOF Class

avgwarhawk

First time attending Hershey.  I entered my 60.  My brother in law who owns my dad's 1990 Silver Anniversary Edition 7Up Mustang convertible with 22k miles enter the HPOF class as well. First car show for the Mustang.  I'm still uncertain where to go after this evaluation in the HPOF class. I'm not sure if the Buick was awarded anything.  Still learning the ropes. What's next after the HPOF evaluation? 

BTW, my brother in law had to become a AACA member to enter.  So, a new member to AACA and the hobby! 

PXL_20211009_110824980.jpg

Edited by avgwarhawk (see edit history)
  • Like 3

Is that the 7Up car owned by Joe Prebula from York?  They just posted the winners on the AACA website.  Both your car and Joe's car earned their HPOF certifications.  Congrats to both of you.  Beautiful cars!

I was parked across from you with the Superbird.

Hershey 100921.jpg

Edited by Gordon Geesey
added photo (see edit history)
  • Like 2

From the AACA Judging Guidelines:

"A vehicle being evaluated for the first time, if certified, will receive an HPOF board, HPOF chip, and HPOF badge. The badge should be visibly mounted on the vehicle. No vehicle will be re-certified if it does not display the HPOF badge. The badge will be engraved with the year awarded. A vehicle having achieved the HPOF certification award is now eligible for certification at a subsequent Nationals in order to achieve the AACA "Original" award. If certified as an AACA "Original", the owner will receive an AACA "Original" tab to be mounted behind the HPOF badge on the vehicle and an AACA "Original" preservation chip for mounting on the board. If the vehicle does not certify at the AACA "Original" level, it will receive a repeat HPOF chip provided it meets the HPOF certification standards. If a vehicle is not certified as an AACA "Original," it can be reconsidered for the award if the owner submits a request to the VP Judging. The VP will inform the owner whether the request has been granted or denied. If granted, the vehicle can be entered in a subsequent Nationals to be evaluated again for the AACA "Original" award. The vehicle will either be certified at that time as an AACA "Original" or, if it still does not meet the criteria, it may continue to be eligible for repeat HPOF awards provided it meets the certification standards."

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gordon Geesey said:

Is that the 7Up car owned by Joe Prebula from York?  They just posted the winners on the AACA website.  Both your car and Joe's car earned their HPOF certifications.  Congrats to both of you.  Beautiful cars!

Hershey 100921.jpg

Yes sir. Joe is my brother in law.  Thanks for the assistance that Joe needed!  Beautiful bird you have! 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Gordon Geesey said:

Hershey 100921.jpg

Hey Gordon. I see you on the list as well!  Congratulations!    See you next year at the HPOF Original class!  

• Like 1

On 10/10/2021 at 5:38 PM, avgwarhawk said:

I'm still uncertain where to go after this evaluation in the HPOF class. I'm not sure if the Buick was awarded anything.  Still learning the ropes. What's next after the HPOF evaluation? 

Congrats.  Looks like you both got certified in HPOF!

https://aaca.org/images/meet_results/2021/2021_Eastern_Fall_Hershey.pdf

Screen Shot 2021-10-12 at 11.05.22 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-10-12 at 11.04.51 AM.png

• Like 1

On 10/12/2021 at 9:00 AM, 64SportFury426 said:

Very nice Super Bird Gordon! We have a mutual friend, Mario Bruno. Mario informed me you would be there and to look you up. For some reason I just never made it to your car. My car and others kept me tied to it most of the day. Congrats!

Sorry we missed each other!  Mario had my Hemi Roadrunner down in Ocean City all weekend while I stayed with the Superbird at Hershey.   He brought it back to me Sunday morning.

• 2 weeks later...

I just saw your post and I'd like to bring your question back on track.  Congratulations on winning your HPOF certifications on two cars at Hershey.  You've ask what's next.  By now or soon you should receive your engraved HPOF badges.  These must be mounted on the car.  I like to make a front license plate mount to display the badge on, but it must be attached to the car for the next AACA National that you attend.

AACA HPOF awards are given at two levels with repeat awards given at each level.  There is a higher level HPOF Original Award that recognizes a car with a higher level of originality.  The first time a car is registered in the HPOF category, the car is evaluated for the initial level of the award, much like seeking a First Junior award in class judging.  All cars in HPOF are evaluated on a 30 point scale.  The number of deductions permitted change based on the year of the car.  Both your cars are 1960 and newer, so to receive the HPOF award, you are permitted up to six deductions.  The next time you show the cars, they will automatically be evaluated for the higher level HPOF Original award.  For a 1960 and newer vehicle, only two deductions are permitted for this higher level HPOF Original award.  If your car has two or less deductions you receive the HPOF Original award.  If you receive three to six deductions you will receive a HPOF Repeat award and remain in the HPOF class for future shows.  If you receive the HPOF Original award, you will receive the HPOF Original Repeat award in future shows as long as you receive two or less deductions.  The HPOF Original is a highly coveted achievement much like a Senior or Grand National award in class judging.

Thanks for bring you cars to Hershey.

Dave Bowman

National HPOF Judging Chairman