Help with remembering title of book

DNC

Friends,  I loaned someone one of my favorite automobile books some years ago and it was never returned.  I am having trouble remembering the title. It was a small brown book with a copyright date of 1960's ( I am guessing). It has a short history of such cars as: Auburn, Stutz, Franklin, Marmon, Pierce Arrow, etc. Does this description ring a bell with anyone on what the title could be?  Many thanks.

Edited by DNC (see edit history)

I know how frustrating it can be to loan something and lose track of it.   I hope you can recover it.

I also know this is a long shot but could this possibly be the book in question?

1354251180_brownbook.jpg.29cf3336b464a63c60c3bd0f5cdf7491.jpg

Description:  Great color photos and background stories of American classic cars from the 30's and 40's, including Duesenberg 1936, Auburn 1932, Cadillac 1929, Cord 1937, Marmon 1933, Ruxton 1930, Stutz 1932, Packard 1941, Pierce-Arrow 1931, Chrysler 1931, Franklin 1931, Lincoln 1940

4 hours ago, DNC said:

Friends,  I loaned someone one of my favorite automobile books some years ago and it was never returned.  I am having trouble remembering the title. It was a small brown book with a copyright date of 1960's ( I am guessing). It has a short history of such cars as: Auburn, Stutz, Franklin, Marmon, Pierce Arrow, etc. Does this description ring a bell with anyone on what the title could be?  Many thanks.

Famous Old Cars by Hank Bowman

• Like 1