great-grandfather's car

Can anyone help me identify the car in this picture of my great-grandfather?

CLICK HERE

My aunt thinks that the picture was taken about 1906 but the original is undated. Her father is one of the young children in the back seat, who is my grandfather. Please email me with what you think it is:

spitfire77@spitfire.net

I have owned my Triumph Spitfire for 21 years and attend the AACA show in Pensacola, Florida.

Thank you very much,

Mike

(This is my first post here! :D)

Chris,

I was not sure that it is a Buick. The way the cowl comes down from the windshield and the hubcaps don't look right. I also think that the doors should open from the rear instead of the front on a Buick. I have been told too many times in the past by the "EXPERTS" on this forum that I was wrong, so I decided to not make comment until now.

Dan

• 2 weeks later...

I am not an expert on the very old American cars, which is why I posted this message in the hope that this car of my great-grandfather could be ID'd. I took a look at the Buick club's website and saw 1913 pictures that look very very close to this picture. So I told my aunt and based on the opinions of the year here and elsewhere, she says that the child in the front seat must be her father, after all, and that my great-uncles are not in the picture.

The only difference between this car and the ones I saw on the Buick club website was the shape of the headlights. But after 80+ years, the headlights on the 1913 cars still around today probably had to be replaced with ones that were not exactly the same as original.

Thanks everyone for your help. I plan to be at our regional AACA show in Sept.

Mike

Pensacola, FL