1948 Chrysler dash color?

R Walling

I am looking to refinish the inside window frames that are the same color as the dash.

It is a dark blue with maybe a dash of purple tint in the color.

The outside is black and the trim code is 19.

Could anybody help me find the color # so I may find a close match?

Thankyou,

Roger

The glove box door is plastic and has lost its color.

I did have my window frames color scanned and it came back with two colors. One had a metallic in it and the other had pearl in it, neither are period correct.

Type in AutoColorLibrary.com. Then you have to select the year (1941) and type of car (Chrysler). You need to select 1941 because the 46-48 color chips do not include all the colors for 48. This will bring you to the exterior colors but I think the Newport Blue is the color you want. I don't know if a paint store can cross reference this paint number or not, but I think you can order the paint right from the website you are on. Maybe order a small amount in case it is wrong. Good luck.

• 1 month later...

I'm interested to hear what you come up with.  This summer, I'm planning to do the same.  I have some good pieces that have good, unfaded paint that I was going to have scanned or color matched.  Some of my pai t is peeling off.  I have the same blue as yours.  I would think somebody has done this already but I'll share what I come up with this summer.