more codes

great..exchanged Fuel Pressure Regulator, 2% flow matched Bosch II Injectors, new Platinum Spark Plugs, new MAP, new Rotor&Cap, new Spark Plug Wires, new Fuel Pump&Filter...and now:

code 26, three times in a row! and

code 24

26=injector current limit not achieved

24=throttle positioning sensor circuit

I mean...what the actual F$%#

any clues?

Well, this may sound silly, but I also have a '85 Plymouth Voyager that came with a 2.6L MMC engine. The camshaft had snapped, leaving cyl. #4 inoperable and worst of all, the water pump as well.

Long story short; I installed a 3.0L with 87 to 89 specs and a SMEC to accommodate it.

Years later I acquired a 3.0L from a '91 TC that I first rebuilt and installed in the van. I also ended up with that same 'injector current limit not achieved'.

It turned out that I had to install the injectors from the old engine to make the SMEC happy.  Check the impedance on the old and new injectors and see if they are the same or very likely different. You'll know what to do from there if they don't match.

• Like 1

I agree, I bet you need high impedance and you have low impedance. Worst that will happen is eventually fry the injector transistor. Not exactly a good thing, nor very repairable by average DIY folks without replacing the entire SBEC (his is a '91, so, should be SBEC, but still batch fire because it probably is using '90 electronics).

• Like 1

just receive a reply form the company who send me the 2% flow matched injectors:

"All of the online catalogs that we are referencing have the blue top Bosch injectors listed as the stock for your vehicle, but since the ones you pulled out of your specific vehicle are different we will want to make sure we get you those same ones"

I am curious why these, altough stock, give me these errors...