For Sale: 1956 Hudson Hornet Special 4dr sedan - $6,000 - Project - Fountain, CO - Not Mine

For Sale: 1956 Hudson Hornet Special 4dr sedan - $6,000 - Project - Fountain, CO

1956 Hudson Hornet Special - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle... (craigslist.org)

Classic 1956 Hudson hornet special. Family owned 61,503 original miles. New fuel pump, power steering lines and battery. All original interior has one tear in the front seat.

Copy and paste in your email:  2897f9c4d7463cfea1aa438114ce1b23@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1956 Hudson Hornet Special 4dr sedan.

Note: V-Line Styling!  Guaranteed if you have one of these at shows, you'll answer a lot of questions about what it is.

'56 Hudson Hornet Special CO a.jpg

'56 Hudson Hornet Special CO b.jpg

'56 Hudson Hornet Special CO c.jpg

'56 Hudson Hornet Special CO d.jpg

'56 Hudson Hornet Special CO e.jpg

'56 Hudson Hornet Special CO f.jpg

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, supercub said:

The V line styling killed Hudson.

Hudson was well on its way to demise even before V-Line Styling drove the final stake through its heart...  But, they are unique and memorable, if not rather ghastly.  Three years of your 1955 styling with minor detail changes would have been just fine.   It was the 1950's, annual styling changes were de rigueur, major enough to keep your make obviously the 'latest model'. 

My 55 is a sporty looking car, even for a 4 door. I think it would look better without the hood ornament and the trim around the grille, that would make the filigree grill stand out more. I'm not about to change it from stock though.

This car may have the new AMC V8? Or was that for 1957.

6 minutes ago, supercub said:

This car may have the new AMC V8? Or was that for 1957.

supercub:

The 1956 Hornet Special was a mid-year addition, joining the line on March 5th.  Its essentially a 114.25 inch wheelbase Wasp platform with the new AMC 250 ci V8 engine for $2,626 for this sedan.  It slotted into the price range between the Wasp Six sedan at $2,416 and the base model Hornet Super Six at $2,777.  Just another model to bolster sales by combining the existing platform with a new V8 engine.

Steve