1934 Delage D6-11S

car crazy

1934 Delage D6-11S , coachwork by Letourneur et Marchand.

Was always fascinated by this particular car, first seeing the car in 1971 when it was owned by a local collector with a pretty significant collection for the time. It has been in dead storage for the last 15 years or so. I'm now trying to learn more about the car prior to resuscitating her, but there's limited information on them.

As I understand, the "S"  in the 11S designation indicates that it is the "Speed Sport" model(?), Also as I understand, the "S" model has slightly more horsepower (60 vs.55) than the standard D6-11 model, as well as the double external rear spare vs. the single of the standard model. 

Just wondering if anyone might be familiar with the "S" model, or even with Delages of that era.

I've messaged the Facebook groups on the Delage automobile, as well as Peter Jacobs, who is apparently an authority, but have gotten no responses from them. I'll also research via the AACA library, but just wondering if there might be anyone here who has one or might be familiar with a Delage. Looking forward to getting her back on the road.

Thank you,

Jim

Screen Shot 2021-07-28 at 8.41.01 PM.png

• Like 1