1929 Model 75 Brakes

I have a bunch of backing plates and a bunch of brake shoes with most covered in crud and apart in a bin.  I  want to put some sets together and would like to know if the backing plates and shoes are the same front to back or are they different for the front axle versus the back axle ?

Yes there are differences between the Rear and Front backing plates, the rear ones bolt straight onto the rear axle housing so would be flat, the front ones would need to be concave around where you bolt it onto the stub axle so that when you turn the steering the backing plate won't hit the axle.   

Yes, the front and rear brake backing plates are not interchangeable and right hand and left hand sides may be different too.

I'm not familiar with the model 75, but looked in the Chrysler master parts catalogue at brake shoes, there are 4 different part numbers listed, each part number if for 2 shoes needed for a specific wheel.  The left front brake shoes have part number 79310, the right front shoes are part number 79311, left rear part number 44589 and right rear part number 44590. The parts book shows this model has cast shoes, so there is a good chance that those numbers are on the shoes. Hope this helps.

Viv.