Craigslist car ads.

Buick35

Yes, appalling on every level. 

I comb the southern California craigslist daily and the pricing for the majority of older cars just confounds me.  Apparently the economy is tremendously stronger than I'd realized.

While a generation ago Latin was taught in high school, now it's remedial English (and arithmetic).

3 hours ago, Buick35 said:

I was browsing through Craigslist car ads. and couldn't believe the price that people are asking! Over $20,000 for a vw beetle? And can't anyone use the word brakes correctly? Or maybe the car dose breaks down.

The car is taking medication??

3 hours ago, Buick35 said:

... couldn't believe the price that people are asking! Over $20,000 for a vw beetle?

I sold a '69 on behalf of the original owner last year for something like that and before I even got to advertising/marketing it. 

I was just preparing/readying it for sale when some random guy just happened to see me test drive a clients '73 V12 4-cam F-car and to get a closer look of it, followed me to the shop (I told him people have probably got themselves hurt or perhaps even killed for less).

After a brief conversation, during which he mentioned something about working for VW, I invited him inside just to show him the '69 along with a one owner (same lady) 199? BMW.

Few days later that "surprise visitor" bought both for more than the lady and her husband had expected.

Edited by TTR (see edit history)