WTB Artillery wheels

olddaddy

'37 & '38 wheels are solid, with either 3 or 4 oval slots, stamped or rolled....depending on the year. '36 were Artillary wheels with 10 openings. All are 16" for the 1/2 ton model. Wheel base did not change the size of the wheel, in fact ton capacity determined the size of the wheels. Those wheels would be off a either 1 or 1 1/2 ton truck for 1936.

My opinions only.

I am sure it is an interesting story how they ended up on a '46 WC...

• Like 1

I posted those pics just to give an idea of the style I am looking for.  I'd prefer 16" as that is what I have now.  I realize they are not correct for a 46, but they are Dodge and I have seen them installed on trucks later than they originally came on.

21 minutes ago, olddaddy said:

I posted those pics just to give an idea of the style I am looking for.  I'd prefer 16" as that is what I have now.  I realize they are not correct for a 46, but they are Dodge and I have seen them installed on trucks later than they originally came on.

Ah, Gotcha...all good, and to be honest, I too install them on older Dodge trucks too..

• 4 weeks later...

Just a note in passing:  Those caps will fit but they are car caps.  There is a long discussion on this topic elsewhere in this forum.  Truck caps are similar but do not have the raised section or the < and >.  There is a line surrounding the lettering, pointed on either end.  See attached.  A little tougher to find but still out there.  Good luck.

542d_3.jpg

• Like 1