Graham-Paige Motor Home

tjmauto

I've offered to post a few pics of a Graham-Paige motor coach built on what I believe was a Graham-Paige 7 passenger sedan chassis and engine.  I'd like to say 1930 vintage and there's a long story about the building of this vehicle but if I find out differently I can update and provide more info later.  This vehicle belongs to a gentlemen who is nearing 90 years of age and has rebuilt this motor coach from the ground up several years ago and is still on the go.  It was originally built by his grandfather back in the '30's (won't be able to say that in a few years since it's already '21 of a different century) who had his own machine shop in Kewanee, IL and passed the vehicle along over the years.  The vehicle has traveled the country for coming up on a century now, has attended many events and I wouldn't be surprised if it gets recognized by a few folks.  Still has the wooden spoke wheels, pics of which I'll need to add later.  I'm not sure how many pics I can get away with here on this forum, so moderators, let me know if it's a problem.

Graham-PaigeMotorCoach_02.jpg

Graham-PaigeMotorCoach_03.jpg

Graham-PaigeMotorCoach_04.jpg 

Graham-PaigeMotorCoach_05.jpg   Graham-PaigeMotorCoach_06.jpg

Graham-PaigeMotorCoach_09.jpg  

Graham-PaigeMotorCoach_10.jpg

Graham-PaigeMotorCoach_11.jpg

Graham-PaigeMotorCoach_13.jpg

Graham-PaigeMotorCoach_14.jpg

Graham-PaigeMotorCoach_15.jpg

Graham-PaigeMotorCoach_16.jpg

Graham-PaigeMotorCoach_17.jpg

Graham-PaigeMotorCoach_18.jpg

Graham-PaigeMotorCoach_19.jpg

Graham-PaigeMotorCoach_20.jpg

Graham-PaigeMotorCoach_21.jpg

Graham-PaigeMotorCoach_22.jpg

Graham-PaigeMotorCoach_23.jpg

Graham-PaigeMotorCoach_26.jpg

Graham-PaigeMotorCoach_27.jpg

Graham-PaigeMotorCoach_29.jpg

Graham-PaigeMotorCoach_30.jpg

Graham-PaigeMotorCoach_32.jpg

Edited by tjmauto
formatting and grammar, go figure! (see edit history)
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Looks like a 1930 Graham Model 45 engine, and a 1930 Graham headlight bar not many other Graham parts, if you pull the radiator there will be a frame number stamped in the frame directly under the radiator.  I can give you more information with the number.

On 5/31/2021 at 6:58 PM, Graham Man said:

Looks like a 1930 Graham Model 45 engine, and a 1930 Graham headlight bar not many other Graham parts, if you pull the radiator there will be a frame number stamped in the frame directly under the radiator.  I can give you more information with the number.

Thanks, next time I head over there I'll take a look at that but I probably won't be able to get under the radiator.  There may be some other records with that info, though.  There are some old pics of the vehicle being built and then 'refurbished' and included in those records is the pic of the original Graham 7 passenger sedan used for this build.

Tony

Edited by tjmauto (see edit history)

Highly unlikely a 7 passenger car would have been built with a Model 45 drivetrain, at least not from Graham.  The smallest 7 passenger car would have been a 629, six cylinder car, but the big six engine, unmistakable from the small six Model 45 engine, the exhaust manifold is on the other side for the big six.

340386303_Picture121.jpg.4b5d8fb5ab86b3d26320b70e77dbc160.jpg

image.png.5aba1ed32322d2dec0c249433ceed8d7.png

1928 Graham-Paige 629 seven passenger

OK, I have more info from the owners.

I've just been advised that the vehicle started as a 1930 G-P 4 door sedan Model 46 and the chassis had been extended by the builder.

I'll still try and get the serial number next time I head over there.  Received an OK to post this:

6682400483645399229.jpg.7d14cb8d5961fe5d627b138d2354d4d8.jpg

Edited by tjmauto (see edit history)