"Thorn Birds" automobile trivia question

alsfarms

OK, this question is for your Mini Series gurus that are all knowing.  "Thorn Birds" stared Richard Chamberlain and is actually a depressing but interesting OLD mini series.  Its one of those series where you just keep saying...."awww come on".  No body ever gets anything close to what they want but tears and unhappiness.  Now for the auto trivia.  In the first two or three episodes "Frank" the Priest (Richard Chamberlain) is driving a big red touring car that looks to be early/mid teens and likely US built.  What is it?  This is your test question for the day!

Al

PS: Yes I am watching this series on VCR....if I can stay with it!

37 minutes ago, alsfarms said:

OK, this question is for your Mini Series gurus that are all knowing.  "Thorn Birds" stared Richard Chamberlain and is actually a depressing but interesting OLD mini series.  Its one of those series where you just keep saying...."awww come on".  No body ever gets anything close to what they want but tears and unhappiness.  Now for the auto trivia.  In the first two or three episodes "Frank" the Priest (Richard Chamberlain) is driving a big red touring car that looks to be early/mid teens and likely US built.  What is it?  This is your test question for the day!

Al

PS: Yes I am watching this series on VCR....if I can stay with it!

Maybe the 1913 Fiat in this link....https://www.bonhams.com/auctions/24733/lot/409/?category=list

IMG_0829 (2).JPG

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

Or messing around with people's emotions and no one can possibly ever find happiness.....wrong.  the Fiat certainly looks similar but the top assembly may have been changed.  I noticed that most of the utility vehicles were all left hand drive Model A Ford's.  I would have thought Oz was firm on right hand steering?

Apparently it was filmed in Hawaii.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1167375/Instant-vomit-The-Thorn-Birds-author-gives-damning-verdict-iconic-TV-series.html

Yes, that's why I questioned all the left hand steering Model A Ford's. But then it was suggested that it was filmed in Hawaii.  That answered the left hand right hand issue.  I would like to see where a current remake could go with the story line.

Al