Brake Pedal Return Spring

Rock10

We just picked up a 1936 Buick Special. Been sitting for a while and needs a little work. We don't have any brake pressure and in investigating the problem I noticed there is no return spring on the brake pedal. I can't seem o find a part number or reference for it anywhere. Can anybody help?

Thanks

Welcome newbie. Dave Tacheny parts out 36-41 Buicks  763 427 3460 central time M-F 5-7pm I`ve got a `36 40 series coupe and have bought many things from Dave. Post some pictures of your `36, everybody here likes pictures. If you don`t have a Shop Manual for your car, and you plan to do your own work, get one.

Rock10,

If you can't find one, but can find one to borrow to use as a pattern, then I can steer you to the place where you can have a new one made.  Action Spring Company in Tulsa, Oklahoma made new clutch and brake pedal springs for me for the '16 D-45.

They were very similar to what is in the photo.

Terry Wiegand

South Hutchinson, Kansas

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Terry Wiegand said:

Rock10,

If you can't find one, but can find one to borrow to use as a pattern, then I can steer you to the place where you can have a new one made.  Action Spring Company in Tulsa, Oklahoma made new clutch and brake pedal springs for me for the '16 D-45.

They were very similar to what is in the photo.

Terry Wiegand

South Hutchinson, Kansas

Thanks

2 hours ago, pont35cpe said:

Welcome newbie. Dave Tacheny parts out 36-41 Buicks  763 427 3460 central time M-F 5-7pm I`ve got a `36 40 series coupe and have bought many things from Dave. Post some pictures of your `36, everybody here likes pictures. If you don`t have a Shop Manual for your car, and you plan to do your own work, get one.

Thank you. I'll post some pictures later. Are you familiar with the spring? Am I on the right track?

1 hour ago, pont35cpe said:

In your picture, looks like your spring hooked to the clutch pedal, should be your brake pedal return spring. Looks like you`ve got a pretty nice 2dr sedan to start with..

I'll check that out. Thanks 🙂

On 3/31/2021 at 8:29 AM, pont35cpe said:

In your picture, looks like your spring hooked to the clutch pedal, should be your brake pedal return spring. Looks like you`ve got a pretty nice 2dr sedan to start with..

I moved the clutch spring to the lower hole. Thanks.