Turbo Link

2seater

If anyone is familiar with the Turbo Link used by people for tuning their Turbo Regals and GN's, they are now developing a system to work with our cars. It enables continuous readings and recording of data from all sensors and allows playback at the speed of your choosing and in many formats. I am posting this to see if there is any interest in such a device. I have seen it work and have been after one for my own use but the limited market has kept development behind more mainstream applications. An order of five units would move the development up and the price would drop. Regular price is expected to be $275 with a group purchase in the $200-250 range. This does require a laptop/notebook computer to run and record. Any interest?

This is the link to the website: http://www.turbo-link.com/

Looks a lot like Diacom except maybe more graphics. No cars listed past 1994 so CCC and P4 only (no OBD II).

Hard part is the ALDL to PC cable and you can find plans on the Internet. Only thing it can do that the CRT in an 88-89 cannot is to capure a series of successive frames and store on the PC (very handy when needed but not needed often.

Can do the same thing with an OTC 2000 and the PC cable.

Wouldn't mind evaluating the Turbo link but I have an OTC and Diacom (and have never needed either for the Reatta) so am possibly biased.

Hey Padgett, I knew you had stuff for diagnosis and the touchscreen cars do offer an advantage the later ones don't have. All of ours can take a snapshot but I have been looking for continuous readout and recording for my turbo project. It is primarily useful as a tuning tool for modifications, hence my interest. This post is of course a bit selfish, as I have been waiting for a long time for it to be available, and I have talked to the developer at the last two GS Nationals. The way it has worked in the past is upgrades for newer vehicles are available as they are developed. Frankly I am a bit surprised this may happen for our engine as there seems to be approx. zero support in the aftermarket for the 3800, except of course the S/C ones.

• 1 month later...

I also have spoken with Ken Mosher of Accelerate Technology about a "Reatta module" for Turbo-Link. He confirmed that he can the car "put it on the list" of planned modules. I have the core software, so this would be a plug-in for me. With my numerous electrical problems, seeing the "BIG" picture graphically when problems occur may have some merit. I'll keep pushing it (as much as I can) and if it happens, it may be a benefit for those who don't have a Diacom or similar package.

Other than the graphics, still do not see what it does that Diacom doesn't and the last update supported all GM cars through 94-95. This included Reattas.

As mentioned, I have never used it with mine since have the CRT but has been very useful in troubleshooting transients in the Fiero.

Looks like they have had the same web page for years ("1995 update") so might be willing to create a deep discount package. Main thing you are buying is the cable & plugs anyway.

See Rinda .

Hey Padgett. I have no problem using something else if the price is right although I am not familiar with Diacom. I tried the link and got unintelligable gibberish. If it will record continuous data it is what I am looking for and the graphics are not necessary. Do you have another link or address to the website for Diacom?