Help to ID sheet metal pan (bumper filler, gravel pan, valance, grille pan...whatever you may call it)

lump

Two pals of mine just helped haul away a small horde of parts, with many items unidentified. I offered to try and help them a bit, because they are often doing kind things for me. 

Can anyone help me to ID this sheet metal pan from the front end of a 40's or 50's car? This pan fits under the grille, and behind the bumper. Folks around the country use lots of different names for that pan, including gravel pan, valance, bumper filler, and others. 

So, what name do YOU use for it? 

Pan bumper filler front Lo Rez.jpg

21 minutes ago, lump said:

Thanks, 55er! I've noticed that you are really pretty sharp on cars of the 40's & 50's. I always look forward to seeing your posts. 

Well thanks Lump! I've had a lot of parts in the past and sometimes I know I've seen certain items before or it might look familiar somehow and I can ID it with a little research. On many items though I have no clue!  

• Like 1

LOL. I know what that's like, 55er. I grew up in the antique car club, riding around in all manner of antique cars. Then as a teenager I fell in love with 55-57 Chevys and 62-63 Chevys, though my dad wouldn't allow me to own any car. Then I grew into a street-racing teenager (just as my dad had feared). I had to hide my junky old hot rod muscle cars in a friend's garage for a couple years. Then I got married and bought the big block Camaros, Novas, Impalas, and Chevelles I really wanted. Later I became an automotive writer and magazine editor/publisher, etc, etc. So today I'm pretty good with 60's-70's muscle cars (especially Chevys), and I am pretty familiar with 50's cars. But whenever I see a thread on this AACA forum with a question about 50's cars that I think I MIGHT be able to answer...you have been there before me. And, where I thought I might know the answer, you have been certain...and correct! Kudos to you. 

Edited by lump (see edit history)
  • Like 1