Turn signal wire order

Millie63C20

1963 Chevy turn signal switch has old/not OE wire colors. The switch works fine but I don’t know the wire order to connect to new wire harness. 

I know the brown wire is the horn but I don’t know the function of the other wires, if someone can tell me what each wire goes to id be very thankful. 

A48D91FF-6EE6-476A-ADF3-8EA1605298EA.jpeg

Chevy wiring diagrams are available here.

Wires vary from model to model, so it would help to know WHICH 1963 Chevy, but try this:

Tan = horn

White = wire from brake light switch

Yellow = wire from the turn signal flasher

Pink = Left rear stop/turn

Violet (?) = Right rear stop/turn

Lt Blue = Left front turn

Dk Blue = Right front turn

What exactly are we looking at there, the turn signal switch? The switch itself only has six wires. The horn wire is not part of the turn signal switch but joins those six wires in the steering column connector.

$_61.JPG

55 minutes ago, joe_padavano said:

Chevy wiring diagrams are available here.

Wires vary from model to model, so it would help to know WHICH 1963 Chevy, but try this:

Tan = horn

White = wire from brake light switch

Yellow = wire from the turn signal flasher

Pink = Left rear stop/turn

Violet (?) = Right rear stop/turn

Lt Blue = Left front turn

Dk Blue = Right front turn

What exactly are we looking at there, the turn signal switch? The switch itself only has six wires. The horn wire is not part of the turn signal switch but joins those six wires in the steering column connector.

$_61.JPG

It’s a 1963 Chevy truck v8, these are the wires that come out of the back of my turn signal switch.

Your suggested schema did not work sadly. More trial and error needed

Edited by Millie63C20 (see edit history)

Here's the diagram for a 1963 Chevy truck. Same colors as I noted above. Pink and Violet run to the back of the truck for the rear stop/turn. Dk Blue and Lt Blue run to the front for the turn signals. Yellow comes from the turn signal flasher module. White comes from the brake light switch. Yours must be some sort of aftermarket switch with a non-factory color code.

81c38e968f71b538c6102f6be1770e99.jpg

525027.jpg

Right, has to be aftermarket, or made not to Delco specs.

Does this picture help? It is with the "arms" removed. This is a 1965/66 Corvair switch. Other GM similar. Use an ohmmeter to go from RR, etc to end of wire you have and use Joe's colors above if they match your new harness.

LM Turnsignal Switch.jpg

Edited by Frank DuVal (see edit history)
  • Like 2