1949 Oldsmobile 88 Station Wagon Woodie

dcaddick

• 2 years later...

Ron made the upper and lower tailgates, I made the passenger rear post, Ron tied in the rear corner. He made the driver rear corner and post. Ron made everything big and I shaped it down to what you see. I built the two passenger side doors and B and C pillars. I will be building the two doors on the driver side. I have already started the driver door. I could not have done this car without Ron Heiden. Now that I have seen what he did I am glad he did it. It got me moving on this project.

Hello @dcaddick  I just bought my 1949 88 Woodie Wagon.  I'm looking forward to discussing with you while O go thru the restoration process.  I'm new to the forum and not sure what I need to do to be approved to send you messages.  I will need new B pillars, and I think some window frame pieces, but most of the wood looks salvageable.  I hope to have the car early next week.

2 hours ago, apumaeye said:

Hello @dcaddick  I just bought my 1949 88 Woodie Wagon.  I'm looking forward to discussing with you while O go thru the restoration process.  I'm new to the forum and not sure what I need to do to be approved to send you messages.  I will need new B pillars, and I think some window frame pieces, but most of the wood looks salvageable.  I hope to have the car early next week.

Did you buy this one?

• Thanks 1

On 8/21/2023 at 11:58 PM, dcaddick said:

Ron made the upper and lower tailgates, I made the passenger rear post, Ron tied in the rear corner. He made the driver rear corner and post. Ron made everything big and I shaped it down to what you see. I built the two passenger side doors and B and C pillars. I will be building the two doors on the driver side. I have already started the driver door. I could not have done this car without Ron Heiden. Now that I have seen what he did I am glad he did it. It got me moving on this project.

Your wood looks good. The subtle curves on these cars make what appears simple very complicated to make. I am making the doors on my Lasalle now and I am finding they are more complicated to make than the tailgate was. 

• 2 weeks later...

We did a full frame up show restoration of an identical car several years ago.  Even the same colors.  Google '49 Olds Woodie to see how beautiful these cars are when properly restored or just look at the cover of CRANKSHAFT magazine issue 5 to see it on the cover.  Took a lot of effort and a lot of our client's $ to complete.