1957 Country Squire wagon - need restoration advice

Bill Patton

Restoring my 57 Country Squire.  Previously poorly "restored" so I have no basis for my questions.

I believe the window surrounds were originally painted tan or wood grain painted in tan color?  Inside AND outside?  

I'll use dinoc for the side and tailgate insert panels, with striped lines or wood grain?

Also unsure about the faux "wood" trim.  Were they painted wood grain?  Or simply painted a tan color?

Thanks for any help.l

Billpatton@aol.com

1587146298e7dff9f98764da158714629866e7dff9f98764daimage_94_resize-SOLQuB.jpg

• Like 1

I can't answer you question with authority but I can offer this suggestion. Wood Grain – Woodgraining Tools And Supplies  This company does a high quality factory process woodgraining for pre war dashboards. It might be good for your faux wood framing. 

Also, While the National Woodie Club welcomes all woodies, real wood or fake, the knowledge base on this section of the forum is mostly about real wood. You might tap into a broader knowledge base by posting in technical questions or general discussion at the top of the index page. 

Awesome car by the way. I would like to see your car at a show someday. I think more real wood station wagons are seen at shows these days than the newer fake wood ones. 

On 1/28/2021 at 2:55 PM, Bill Patton said:

Restoring my 57 Country Squire.  Previously poorly "restored" so I have no basis for my questions.

I believe the window surrounds were originally painted tan or wood grain painted in tan color?  Inside AND outside?  

I'll use dinoc for the side and tailgate insert panels, with striped lines or wood grain?

Also unsure about the faux "wood" trim.  Were they painted wood grain?  Or simply painted a tan color?

Thanks for any help.l

Billpatton@aol.com

1587146298e7dff9f98764da158714629866e7dff9f98764daimage_94_resize-SOLQuB.jpg

Cool car-

I had thought about getting one of those and using real ash trim instead of the faux wood. That would look cool. Nonetheless, very cool car.