cquisuila

i have the identification of my car RIVIERA 1966 on the attached picture

and there are options but i don(t know what is this options :

EXY

2KR (air conditioner ???)

4F (remote mirror ??)

iF someone knows....COOL !

PLAQUE.jpg

Edited 1 minute ago by cquisuila (see edit history)
Edited by cquisuila (see edit history)

E - Tinted glass

X- Power Windows

Y - 6 way power bench seat

K- A/C

R - Rear seat speaker

F - Remote mirror

Only options that required preparation by Fisher Body will be on the tag. Other options such as AM/FM radio for example don't show on tag because it was not relevant to how the body was built.

Edited by JZRIV (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@cquisuila If you compare your data plate to one from a 63,64, or 65, you might notice that your sequence number is EUC114699. 63 - 65 Rivieras have sequence numbers beginning FBxxxxxx.  The FB references the Fisher Body plant in Flint, MI home of the Bu8ck Motor division. The EUC in your number references the Euclid, OH body plant. The body was built in Euclid then shipped to Flint for final assembly - chassis, engine, instrument panel, and front clip. 

• Like 1

This is a really old picture but you'll get the idea.  I'd say that the Riviera bodies were shipped by rail rather than truck in '66. But you can see how far along the build was before moving from the body plant to final assembly.  The body, trim, upholstery, and glass were installed at the body plant as well as any options pertaining to those items in the build.  Power windows, power seats, rear seat speaker, etc. plus and modifications that body needed for other options.  Holes in the firewall for a/c, or any clip or ???? needed to run the wire for the radio antenna.  The radio was installed at final assembly but the hole for the antenna wire was punched/drilled at the body plant.  Gordon Wolfgang wrote a series of great articles for the Riview some time ago that covered this. 

fishercarhauler.jpg .

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

the number 2 in front of 2KR ?

the number 4 in front of 4F ?

Do you confirm the ZZ paint is  RIVIERA silver green  ? GM WA3501 ?

I SAWN THAT the number 618 is for vinyl strato bench BLACK = optional trim !

thanks for the answers !!

Philip

color paint.jpg

Edited by cquisuila (see edit history)

The 2 and 4 is a reference to option group #2 and group #4 and do not relate to any specific option.

ZZ is Silver green paint without a vinyl top. The first Z is main body color and the second letter/number is the roof color if a vinyl top. For example if it had a black vinyl top it would be Z2

• cquisuila changed the title to OPTIONS identification - riviera 1966 "Resolved"