Need help identifying artist signature

I have these two intriguing posters that were designed for the 1971 Indy 500 and commissioned by Chrysler Corp. One of them is a proof as you can see by the color codes on the top.

One is titled 'The Race' and the other is 'The Winner's Circle'.

I cannot decipher the artist's name and would like to discover if he/she has executed any other automotive works.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks for looking at this post.

Bob

20201209_170537.jpg

20201209_165114.jpg

20201209_170719.jpg

Thanks for the response.

I have not been able to find any works by R. Peak with his signature to compare with the items I have....but still looking.

• Like 1

Many thanks, Mark, that's a dead ringer!

I am a bit surprised that my searches for R/B Peak did not show up a dozen race car images.

Perhaps he was a friend of a Chrysler Exec who was involved with the race?!?!?!

The rest of the story.....

I acquired these two from cousin in Detroit who owned a graphic arts company and had done other work for the Indy 500.

Bob

• Like 1

Looking at his bio, it appears that he was more involved in movie posters, but either way he’s a talented and listed artist who did a lot of iconic art. Great back story, and well worth having appraised by a professional!

Every now and then there’s a piece of art that makes those professionals say “holy s!!t”, and you might just have one of those...

Great posters, do at least have a professional frame and mat them -they would look great on a wall in the right place.

If you do a simple Google search for his work you'll find quite a few of the movie posters.  He is very talented, and with his apparently limited work in an automotive theme, your posters are really special. I agree with Mark on getting them appraised and conservation matted and framed.

Terry

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...