For Sale: 1955 Studebaker Commander sedan - $6,500 - Worthington, OH - Not Mine

For Sale: 1955 Studebaker Commander sedan - $6,500 - Worthington, OH

1955 Studebaker Commander - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle... (craigslist.org)

1955 Studebaker Commander 4 door. Very cool teal and white colors. Minimal rust for its age. Frame is solid. Odometer reads under 41,000 miles and title says this is correct. Car was reportedly stored by previous owner indoors for 30 years. 259 2 barrel V-8. Manual shift on the column 3 speed. 6 volt electrical system. Engine runs well and car drives, shifts and stops well. New battery, coil and points. Tires appear very old. I would not think they are safe. Heater works. Lighting all works. Car also has overdrive that I have not tested. A very good restoration car. Don’t let the pictures fool you. It does need some work to make it roadworthy in my opinion starting with tires and shocks. Parts seem pretty easy to get on eBay etc. Seems very original and unmolested.

Copy and paste in your email:  ad824b4c49ce3eda8d0ee0297c6530a3@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this For Sale: 1955 Studebaker Commander sedan.  Note: Commander V8's with manual shift and overdrive are especially nice driving cars.

'55 Studebaker Commander sedan OH a.jpg

'55 Studebaker Commander sedan OH b.jpg

'55 Studebaker Commander sedan OH c.jpg

'55 Studebaker Commander sedan OH d.jpg

'55 Studebaker Commander sedan OH e.jpg

'55 Studebaker Commander sedan OH f.jpg

'55 Studebaker Commander sedan OH g.jpg

'55 Studebaker Commander sedan OH h.jpg

'55 Studebaker Commander sedan OH i.jpg

'55 Studebaker Commander sedan OH j.jpg

'55 Studebaker Commander sedan OH k.jpg

I agree that the car looks nice and seems promising as a working driver. But, as the seller said: "Don’t let the pictures fool you. It does need some work to make it roadworthy in my opinion starting with tires and shocks."

At least this seller acknowledges there are issues. I like when folks put a list of "pros" and "cons" about their antique vehicles...that's always greatly appreciated.

I would try to keep the original looking finish, if possible. AND the price seems quite reasonable.