WTB 1950-53 Chrysler door jamb switch

5 hours ago, 53 New Yorker said:

Does anyone out there have a few door jamb switches laying around?

I need one that is in working order.

My drivers side front door switch has stopped working, and I need a replacement. 

Cheers

I'm pretty sure I have one. If you can, send me a pic of yours just to confirm.

going to try and post a photo here.

while I was taking the photograph, I looked at all the door switches and came to the conclusion, there are "left" and "right" side to these switches. (I thought they were "universal", but they are not)097.thumb.JPG.46ad860989cbc7ef10cfcfa4d0cb522f.JPG

As you'll notice, the switch has was appears to be a "drain" that lets water from the wheel well weep out of the bottom of the switch.

So... I would need the left side of the car... or the driver's side switch.

7 hours ago, cpwalter said:

Yes I have one but would need to locate it in my parts stash. Might have other parts for your car as well. 

Hi cpwalter,  Thanks!  Let me know what you find in your stash, once you've had a chance to rummage around.

I looked through my stash, and didn't come up with any.

Let me know what else you have.

BTW, your profile picture is of Walter, and a very early Chrysler car... are you into the early cars?  (1920's vintage)

On 12/3/2020 at 7:04 PM, 53 New Yorker said:

going to try and post a photo here.

while I was taking the photograph, I looked at all the door switches and came to the conclusion, there are "left" and "right" side to these switches. (I thought they were "universal", but they are not)097.thumb.JPG.46ad860989cbc7ef10cfcfa4d0cb522f.JPG

As you'll notice, the switch has was appears to be a "drain" that lets water from the wheel well weep out of the bottom of the switch.

So... I would need the left side of the car... or the driver's side switch.

Dug out a couple of the correct switches. One for each side. Here's a pic of them.

IMG_6755.jpg

Business Card.jpg