Lincoln Marks 1969 to 1976

Marketplace - 1969 Lincoln Continental | Facebook

Selling for $1200 per the seller.  I know we are not supposed to purchase Mark projects.  

Marketplace - 1970 Lincoln Continental | Facebook

I made a $500 offer on the one above.  I did so because it is triple white.  The seller countered at $600.  

Image may contain: car and outdoor

Here is a 1975 in desirable Silver

Marketplace - 1975 Lincoln Lincoln Mark VII · Cartier | Facebook

Marketplace - 1976 Lincoln Continental · Mark IV / 65D | Facebook

1976 is special, but price is optimistic, or is it? 

Marketplace - Old Classic! Runs Great 1974 | Facebook

A local 1974 I may go look at if I get the triple white 1970.   I always like this color, not so much a fan of the brown leather interior. 

Image may contain: car

Another 1975 -

Marketplace - 1975 Lincoln Continental | Facebook

Image may contain: car

I agree 100% BUT I like the triple white one.  I don't know why but I am itching for a restoration and I am also digging the 69-76 Marks.  

Like you I have a wide swath of interest from the teens to the 1990's.  I have owned 260 cars in the last 42 years.  I own NONE now due to cost.  But getting a triple white 1970 Mark III for $600 and "playing with it" seems like fun to me.  I know these and most 69-76 Marks can be had for less than $15,000 in very nice condition - like the Silver 1975 noted above - but I do enjoy restorative work.  

These Marks, while huge after 1971, are understated and underappreciated.  I'm a big Eldorado fan, and frankly an Imperial fan in this era, but the 69-76 Marks are better overall values and stylewise were well executed.  

I was NOT a fan of the 71-78 Eldorados and WAS a big fan of the 68-70 Eldorados.  I have come to appreciate the 71-78 Eldorados but they look bulbous compared to the lithe Marks.   As for Imperials, I think the fuselage Imperials are the equal in style to the Lincolns, but the Lincolns are long hood, short trunk personal luxury cars.  The Imperial, and Chrysler never competed in this marketplace. 

Yes the Cordoba came out late and was for it's time a worthy choice, but it was not an Imperial nor a Lincoln.   

Someone recently posted a nice 1978 Mercury 2 door.  I would take that over a Cordoba.    

I never know where my collecting will take me but if I ended up with a 1969-1971 Mark III, and a 1972-1976 Mark IV, and that was it, I would be happy.   I love that Silver one, you rarely see Silver.  

9 hours ago, B Jake Moran said:

Someone recently posted a nice 1978 Mercury 2 door.  I would take that over a Cordoba.    

I never know where my collecting will take me but if I ended up with a 1969-1971 Mark III, and a 1972-1976 Mark IV, and that was it, I would be happy.   I love that Silver one, you rarely see Silver.  

Do you mean this one?

image.png.2ef5a2c0918193df03cebea6ee26ed3a.png

It might still be available.  The Craigslist ad expired, but we have the phone number.... 

https://forums.aaca.org/topic/352775-for-sale-1977-mercury-grand-marquis-2-door-hardtop-ny-not-mine

Last price:  On 11/21, Seller increased price to $9,000       Seller's phone #:   Text:  631 404 65 three nine 

Edited by 6T-FinSeeker
update info (see edit history)
  • Like 1