Forum Search

10 hours ago, Billy Kingsley said:

Based on my memory of the thread title "what comes first, primer or sealer" I got zero results. Did the search on "what comes first" term. 

Not sure why there's such a lack of willingness to help me by just copy and pasting the dang link, or just tell me what section it is is so I can find it myself. It's not like I'm asking for something hard or something that requires any real effort. 

You said based on your memory you searched for "what comes first, primer or sealer" and got zero results. Guess what. I got the same results. There are several people here who are willing to help, including me. If you want to receive help, be clear about the help you are needing. To get a good answer you have to ask a good question.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Ronnie said:

You said based on your memory you searched for "what comes first, primer or sealer" and got zero results. Guess what. I got the same results. There are several people here who are willing to help, including me. If you want to receive help, be clear about the help you are needing. To get a good answer you have to ask a good question.

You both are missing the whole point of this post. It was to show some statistics on the site. NOT to do search support.  The list of posts was NOT for you to use as a way of finding posts. its there to show forum usage.

The post you asked for is: 

The subject is NOT searchable because the original post is from 2013.  I only index posts that are 5 years or newer to speed up indexing and searches.

This is also a perfect example of an off topic post.

6 hours ago, Peter Gariepy said:

Its not an issue of willingness.  I willingly put in countless hours maintaining this forum for everyone. Not you specifically. I didn't have instant access to the "dang link". Nor did i know what section it was in. I'd have to do the research for you to get the link, which is my time.   I gave you a workable solution, and it worked.  Why bitch?

You had the link shown on the screen with a long string of numbers but it was not clickable due to it being a screencap. I have no idea what subforum each number sequence goes to, and since it was a generic topic about paint, not a brand specific question, it could be in literally any one of the categories. You have now deleted that screencap so I can't even go back and get the proper spelling, or check to see what the number sequence was.

You seem more combative towards the members than actually wanting to help them, no one is questioning the time and effort you put in but that's completely irrelevant to the topic at hand. If YOU had not posted the now deleted screenshot I would not have known the thread even existed and thus would not have been looking for it. But, considering it was listed as the thread with the 8th most views, I would like to think other members would have recognized it, since I asked for help, not specifically for your help, but only one member tried to help... unfortunately he only saw the new replaced screencap which has a different thread listed as 8th most popular. 

Not everyone is complaining about what you are doing, although I'm certainly complaining now, it's because of how I've been treated...

2 hours ago, Peter Gariepy said:

You both are missing the whole point of this post. It was to show some statistics on the site. NOT to do search support.  The list of posts was NOT for you to use as a way of finding posts. its there to show forum usage.

The post you asked for is: 

The subject is NOT searchable because the original post is from 2013.  I only index posts that are 5 years or newer to speed up indexing and searches.

This is also a perfect example of an off topic post.

Thank you, finally, now let's be done with this topic. I won't ask for help anymore, unless absolutely necessary.

10 minutes ago, Billy Kingsley said:

You had the link shown on the screen with a long string of numbers but it was not clickable due to it being a screencap. I have no idea what subforum each number sequence goes to, and since it was a generic topic about paint, not a brand specific question, it could be in literally any one of the categories. You have now deleted that screencap so I can't even go back and get the proper spelling, or check to see what the number sequence was.

You seem more combative towards the members than actually wanting to help them, no one is questioning the time and effort you put in but that's completely irrelevant to the topic at hand. If YOU had not posted the now deleted screenshot I would not have known the thread even existed and thus would not have been looking for it. But, considering it was listed as the thread with the 8th most views, I would like to think other members would have recognized it, since I asked for help, not specifically for your help, but only one member tried to help... unfortunately he only saw the new replaced screencap which has a different thread listed as 8th most popular. 

Not everyone is complaining about what you are doing, although I'm certainly complaining now, it's because of how I've been treated...

I didn’t delete the list of popular topics.  It remains on the first page. 

B6A24A7A-D838-4E43-A7A4-AA89BE081CB8.png

14 hours ago, Billy Kingsley said:

How you've been treated?  How is that?  You post a support question in a topic unrelated to support.  You complain about a deleted post that wasn't deleted.  You call me out with this statement "Not sure why there's such a lack of willingness to help me by just copy and pasting the dang link, or just tell me what section it is is so I can find it myself. It's not like I'm asking for something hard or something that requires any real effort. " (which i responded too)

"I asked for help, not specifically for your help". Not true. I'm the only one that address the issue you pointed out. 

I'm happy to help.  If you have a forum question post it in the right forum. And reconsider your passive/aggressive attacks.  I don't respond well to them.