Wanted 1926 Starter Armature

A local guy is working on a 1926 Special Six (converted to a pickup), needs a starter Armature. A wire broke off the armature, and it also ate the coils! He has been able to find the coils. There were both Wagner and Remy starters on those car.

It is a Remy 723-B. From what I can tell it also fits 1927 EP Big Six, 1927 ES President, and 1927 EQ, at least. I don’t have parts books for some years, so might fit others around there also.

I am inquiring for him, not acting as the middleman, so if you have something I would give him your info, so he can deal with you directly.

Here is a pic and the number that is on the starter armature. The Remy number on the Armature is 818130 and it has a diameter of about 3 inches. It is Remy 723-B starter. The armature from a Remy 723-A has the same armature . The Wagner has a different Studebaker part number, so I don't think will work.

The Remy number on the Armature is 818130 and it has a diameter of about 3 inches.

If you have a working whole starter, he might be interested in it, although I don't know for sure.

Thanks for the help.

1926start1.jpg

1926start2.jpg

• 3 weeks later...