For Sale: 1967 Chrysler Imperial 4 dr. Hardtop - $9,500 - Newburg, PA - Not Mine

58L-Y8

For Sale: 1967 Chrysler Imperial 4 dr. Hardtop - $9,500 - Newburg, PA 

https://chambersburg.craigslist.org/cto/d/newburg-1967-chrysler-imperial-4-dr/7191745174.html

I didn't want to sell it, but the times said otherwise. The last of my Imperial collection. Top of the line, with many many extras most of which are working, Complete original restoration done in 1989 touched up and gone over by me in last few years. Body work done and repainted. New carpet, door panels, and much more upholstery work. Had the dash out and replaced all light bulbs. Brake new pads and rotors last year. Car was in a local car show last year. Has Nov.'19 inspection sticker. Wasn't renewed because I haven't driven since then. Should pass. will inspect after sold. Believe it could bedriven to California after service. Since my stroke I'm afraid to take it out on the highway. Drove it around the block today to see if everything still worked. THIS IS A GOOD OLD CAR. Not many around like it anymore. Besides being a good car remember it is an old car and needs some attention. I'm no longer able to do it so I lowered the price.

Copy and paste in your email:  2ff6b407ee37359e95e16d032c0af56f@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1967 Chrysler Imperial 4 dr. Hardtop.

'67 Chrysler Imperial PA a.jpg

'67 Chrysler Imperial PA b.jpg

'67 Chrysler Imperial PA c.jpg

'67 Chrysler Imperial PA d.jpg

'67 Chrysler Imperial PA e.jpg

'67 Chrysler Imperial PA f.jpg

'67 Chrysler Imperial PA g.jpg

'67 Chrysler Imperial PA h.jpg

'67 Chrysler Imperial PA i.jpg

'67 Chrysler Imperial PA j.jpg

• Like 2

The 1967-'68 Imperial were the integration onto the C-Body unibody platform the other full-sized Chryslers, Dodges and Plymouths received for 1965.    The body-on-frame 1957-1966 Imperial platform was considered outdated and given Imperial's relatively low volume sales, another unique-to-Imperial body could not be justified.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 58L-Y8 said:

The 1967-'68 Imperial were the integration onto the C-Body unibody platform the other full-sized Chryslers, Dodges and Plymouths received for 1965.    The body-on-frame 1957-1966 Imperial platform was considered outdated and given Imperial's relatively low volume sales, another unique-to-Imperial body could not be justified.

Yes I read that.  I mostly learned about Imperials through the excellent work in Collectible Automobile magazine.   I used to buy those for cars I was interested in. Another good source for Imperial knowledge is the Imperial On Line club which I have not visited for over a year.   

I guess apple's to apple's I would pick a 65-66 over the 67 to 68. But let's not forget the shot to the bow that the 69-73 fuselage themed Imperials presented.  Arguably more modern, just as powerful as a Cadillac or Lincoln.  I personally think GM followed Imperial design subtly but actually in the early 70s.  

1 minute ago, B Jake Moran said:

Yes I read that.  I mostly learned about Imperials through the excellent work in Collectible Automobile magazine.   I used to buy those for cars I was interested in. Another good source for Imperial knowledge is the Imperial On Line club which I have not visited for over a year.   

I guess apple's to apple's I would pick a 65-66 over the 67 to 68. But let's not forget the shot to the bow that the 69-73 fuselage themed Imperials presented.  Arguably more modern, just as powerful as a Cadillac or Lincoln.  I personally think GM followed Imperial design subtly but actually in the early 70s.  

Dependent upon your outlook, some consider the 1957-'66 Imperials as the last 'true' Imperials because they shared little with other Chryslers.    This series was still granted Imperial-unique styling and size.  The "Fuselage-styled" Imperials were less unique in that only the front and rear differed, plus the smaller formal backlight and three-inch longer front clip.   That series was to be the last Imperial in 1973, the stay granted because Styling ginned up the attractive waterfall grille and pendant taillights, which were applied to the New Yorker Brougham platform.  Attractive cars but all for naught, as Chrysler finally had to acquiesce to the reality that Imperial simply was not a viable product versus the competition.

On 9/26/2020 at 3:57 PM, 58L-Y8 said:

Attractive cars but all for naught, as Chrysler finally had to acquiesce to the reality that Imperial simply was not a viable product versus the competition.

Not that they gave up trying.

Lee Iacocca gave it a second shot with the Cordoba/Mirada-based 1981-'83 version, and again with the 1990-'93 FWD Y-body Imperial, which shared the body with the Chrysler New Yorker Fifth Avenue,

And surprisingly, under Daimler Benz, there was the 2006 Imperial concept car.  Perhaps not surprisingly, it didn't go into production as it would have been in-house competition for Mercedes Benz.

Craig

Quite true, a couple further pale efforts, both which failed to reestablish Imperial as a viable contender.  Of the last Imperial concept car in 2006, one Chrysler executive wryly commented "here we go losing our shirts again on an Imperial".   When Chrysler could afford Imperial as a vanity project, that was fine, produced many interesting car.  But by the last forty years, Chryslers has had enough financial ups and downs, it can ill afford any such vanity projects, better concentrate on its core produces to affectively compete or it will be sunk given the intense competition now.

• 3 years later...
11 hours ago, Wildcatcreek said:

Hello Mr. Frotscher.  I tried reaching out to you on Facebook.  I wanted to know if you owned a 1962 Impala.  I will await your reply.

You will have to phone him directly: Bill Frotscher  (717) 4-two-3-6-one-6-one