Looking for Information Related to this Ford Model T Employee Badge

Hi.  I have a Ford employee badge that I've owned for a number of years.  I have tried to find more about it on the internet, but so far I have only learned that it was in use during 1915 to around 1927.  I haven't been able to learn what the "E" stands for.  Is this from the Rouge plant?  Is this badge rare?  Any idea of value?  Thanks in advance.

Badge front.jpg

Badge Reverse.jpg

Your badge dates from 1915-1927, I know that’s a lot of years but they kept same design for a while.

Post on the MTFCA site and see what they say.  Don’t get upset if they start talking about fakes being out there.

Original badges are apparently fairly common and don’t have any great value.

Thanks for sharing it here!

There is an outstanding reference for Ford badges - recommend getting a copy if you collect them.  It's amazing how many fakes turn up on evil-bay!  These earlier style badges do turn up but they are in demand so certainly have some value. 

Ford badge reference.jpg

Sorry David, but those badges seem to sell very high... I’ve had guys literally following me around trying to buy one off my hat before and it’s a later one with the late T radiator shape. The one above would go $250 or more on a bad day, $400+ wouldn’t surprise me in the least.

On a side note, a collection of very scarce ones sold on eBay about a year ago, I think it was 12 different badges brought over $20,000 - I will see if I can find a picture...

That was easy... here’s an article I wrote for a club newsletter...

The Ford Collectible of the Quarter 

This time around I’d like to show you a collection of Ford employee badges that have recently been sold through eBay for somewhat astronomical prices. Several of these are the rarest of the rare, a word that I do not use often, and may be the only time we might see them. I will note, the attached pictures are of completed auctions minus the shipping. As you can see from the pictures, their combined value is just north of $21,000.00 for eleven Ford badges! 

Just something to keep in mind when you get out looking for Ford collectibles this season!

Respectfully submitted,
Mark Wetherbee 

92743AE0-17C4-4C0A-8A07-F9ACE14EE143.png

93719344-6375-41FC-B2F3-176B5D7EF5F1.png

Or they are trying to lowball the guy who has it. I wouldn’t think twice of dropping the $250 on it and that would be a good buy in my opinion. This is for a genuine one, the reproduction pieces are absolutely worthless!

I would add they are not overly “rare”, but rarity and value are very different in this case.

Edited by Mark Wetherbee (see edit history)