Does Anybody Remember This 1909 Peerless From Pebble Beach 20 Years Ago?

jeff_a

Has anybody ever seen this car?
2000_LAX_09466_0041_000(013629).jpg

1909 Peerless Model 25 _ _ _ _ _ _ Photo from Christie's Pebble Beach Auction Catalog in August, 2000

I had forgotten about this beautiful brass car & thought it might be Don & Sue Eller's 1909 Model 25 that's been in Michigan for years. Perhaps it is and it has been restored...the Rushmore headlamps and Gray & Davis searchlight are the same. By some miracle -- the Christie's listing is still on the infobahn. That said it had been fitted with an Oldsmobile T-head six, was in the Richard Paine Collection until 1985, then was in the Browning Collection 1985-2000.

I keep the roster of Known Peerless cars and am trying to find more data about it, not buy it. I don't happen to have dozens of Krugerands laying around.

Edited by jeff_a (see edit history)

• jeff_a changed the title to Does Anybody Remember This 1909 Peerless From Pebble Beach 20 Years Ago?

Motoringicons -- Thanks for the connect to both of those. The two cars are so close, but I'm not all the way there that they are the same car yet.

Alsfarms -- It was in the Price Museum of Speed in 2012. I assume that's still open, but I don't know. The owner ran it in London-to-Brighton once about 2007. In comparison to the other cars - it looked 10 or 20 years ahead of its time.

Edited by jeff_a (see edit history)