Found: 1926 Dodge Brothers Gas Cap !Found!

DB26

Found Thank You

Hello. I took the ‘26 DB out yesterday and got tired of spilling gas every bump I hit. (Doesn’t help that they are repaving the roads in my neighborhood)  I just called Myers and ROMAR and they don’t have it. So does anyone have this cap?

Photo courtesy of Machinist_Bill

6924F20C-0A8F-4E34-B423-045B2F024455.thumb.jpeg.ab80d498b4aa197c2c4a5c3a1764c9c4.jpeg

Edited by DB26 (see edit history)

I think part of the problem is you are missing the inner splash guard. I would clean the cap really well and solder one in. It will need a vent hole in it, but offset from the center. If that is the cap you are using, looks like a lot of rust flakes that can drop into the tank on it now.

16 minutes ago, Mark Gregush said:

I think part of the problem is you are missing the inner splash guard. I would clean the cap really well and solder one in. It will need a vent hole in it, but offset from the center. If that is the cap you are using, looks like a lot of rust flakes that can drop into the tank on it now.

Thanks for the advice. The picture is not my cap. I found the photo in another discussion on the topic from years ago. 

Edited by DB26 (see edit history)

I was sorta thinking that was the case, but posted the info anyway. I too am needing a gas cap for my 20. I called Myers about one, they have one but I am not ready to shell out $45 plus shipping right now.

• DB26 changed the title to Found: 1926 Dodge Brothers Gas Cap !Found!