1920 Touring with FOUR lug nuts

1937hd45

I purchased a 1926 Ajax in 1969. It was discovered in the original owners garage in Bridgeport Ct. In 1968 and bought by the person I bought it from the following year. The Dragone brothers wanted to buy it from me but this time I turned them down. They bought my Cadillac earlier. I drove it to High School my senior year, fun times. I still have it.

Edited by Doozer (see edit history)

The Ajax was introduced late May of 1925,changed to Nash lite 6 some time in '26. They may have changed the hubcaps but the fenders look the same. I presume they had the same Budd-Michelin brand disc and wire wheels that all the Nash's used in that era,four lugs on Ajax and Lite 6,five on Special 6 and six on Advanced Six. I do have a 4-lug disc if anyone needs one.

Looking at the rear door handle in your photo. Looks to be more of a T Shape than Ajax.  The door handle location on the pic of the Ajax shows the handle at approximately the apex of the rear fender. Handle in your photo looks much higher. Front fender nose look to be more vertically squared off in your pic but really hard to tell. I can’t figure out the wheel in your pic. Looks like three concentric rings at hub area, reflections?  Personally I don’t believe that’s an Ajax in your photo. That being said, knowing my track record, it probably is.

Edited by Doozer (see edit history)

I want to clarify a response of mine. NZCARNERD posted a picture of a pretty touring car with the words Nash-Ajax?,I looked at the fenders and said "yup",that particular car is one,but the car in the original picture I don't believe is Nash or Ajax. Just wanted to be clear on that and hope the original can still be identified.

New thought,there was a car connected to Durant called the Flint. Just before they shuttered the doors on that make,they put one out that was cheap,no front brakes,had that style of disc wheels as near as I can tell and probably had 4 lugs. Just throwing mud to see what sticks.