EARLY SPARK PLUGS

Barry H

12 minutes ago, Craig Gillingham said:

I see there are a few Australian spark plugs there.

Hey your in Australia as well .Have you been collecting long ,Can not find many Aussie Collectors ,Is there any Australia Clubs You know off ? Do you know where here i can get Books on Spark Plugs Value ? Thanks Barry   im In Beerwah just North of Brisbane Qld.

I've been collecting spark plugs for a long time now. I know a couple of other collectors here, although there aren't many and I'm not aware of a club here. I don't know about books with values, but if you haven't already got them, the two books written by A.M. Parker in the 80's are very good. They cover the Australian plugs as well as whatever else was sold here. The title is Spark Plugs Vol.1 & Vol.2.

• Like 1

Spark Plug Collectors of America is the premier such organization. We have several members in Australia. I recommend you join.  You should find them easily on the internet. One of our newer members has also just published a two volume set of books filled with great early plug ads. I ve asked him to post info on the memorabilia forum as that's where most spark plug collecting discussion takes place. 

Terry

• Like 1

Barry, your Pognon spark plug is early. Here is a picture of one from my collection that's a bit different. It  has larger diameter threads than most. Pognon made a wide variety of plugs, some marked on the top for different cars like Renault, Hispanic Suiza, etc.  Terry

20200627_151924-1.jpg

Edited by Terry Bond (see edit history)