1952 Packard Patrician 400 - $13995 - Fredericksburg, VA - Not Mine

1952 Packard Patrician 400 - $13995 - Fredericksburg, VA

https://fredericksburg.craigslist.org/cto/d/thornburg-for-sale-1952-packard/7149143728.html

For Sale 1952 Packard Patrician Model 400.  It's a beautiful two tone silver over blue finish. It's an older restoration, late 1999 ish according to receipts but it still looks as good as it did twenty years ago. Paint, chrome, interior and look great, drives great and is a real head turner. I get stopped all the time by people wanting to take a photo with the car. It needs to go to someone that can take it out for a drive and enjoy it.
The odometer has 33,000miles on it but there is no way of knowing if that's 33,000 or 133,000 miles. Tired of fixing a car or waiting for a restoration? Buy this car and enjoy driving it this spring or summer. A number of people have looked at this car and think it's probably 33,000 miles on the car. There isn't a hint of rust anywhere
Everything works except the radio and spotlight, selling as is, where is. Easy location for a pick up.

Copy and paste in your email: 7e8e529abbcd3600a0f859033ff9a2fc@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1952 Packard Patrician 400.

Note: The Patrician 400 was the top-of-the-line Packard.  Its powered by the nine main bearing 327 ci straight eight that was exclusive to the Patrician.   The asking price wouldn't cover the costs of the broadcloth upholstery, which is the correct material and pattern style, or the chrome plating, much of which is pot-metal including that massive grille, gravel shields, rear fender trims and taillights.    

Prospect owners should educate themselves on how Ultramatic functions.   it has a Low and High range plus a lock-out torque convertor.  Either range may be selected to drive in, the transmission will stay in that range with only the torque convertor locking out at approximately 20 mph dependent upon throttle position.  The Low range is not intended for highway driving,.  High range is generally the range for all driving situation, starts off leisurely, has a pronounce feel and sound from the engine when the torque convertor lockouts out, then in direct drive.   It unlocks around 10 mph.  An action the driver should NEVER do is try to shift between ranges when the car is in motion.  The gear sets are NOT coordinated, such action will damage the Ultramatic.   Late in the 1954 model year Packard introduced Gear-Start Ultramatic which automatically starts in Low range, shifts to High, then the torque convertor lockout takes place as before. This was done to get more spritely performance to compete with the hot new V8's.

'52 Packard Patrician 400 VA a.jpg

'52 Packard Patrician 400 VA b.jpg

'52 Packard Patrician 400 VA c.jpg

'52 Packard Patrician 400 VA d.jpg

'52 Packard Patrician 400 VA e.jpg

'52 Packard Patrician 400 VA f.jpg

'52 Packard Patrician 400 VA ff.jpg

'52 Packard Patrician 400 VA g.jpg

'52 Packard Patrician 400 VA h.jpg

'52 Packard Patrician 400 VA i.jpg

'52 Packard Patrician 400 VA j.jpg

'52 Packard Patrician 400 VA k.jpg

The best I can tell from the photos, they used the correct broadcloth upholstery material.   Of course, in person it would be immediately obvious in look and feel.  The pattern is correct for the 1952 Patrician 400.