What are these 1950's seats; not Crosley ?

My friend bought a 1937 Packard 115 coupe out of a Maine barn a few years ago. It had been stored there since 1956, and the owner had paid $75.00 for it back then.

The Packard is all original, except that the owner had "upgraded " it by installing  a pair of seats that he said came from a Crosley HotShot.

Are these HotShot seats?  And, if so , what year?

Pictured is the passenger side one, which is not adjustable. The driver's side is similar, but is adjustable, as well as  being what is called "rumpsprung" in my neck of the woods.

IMG_0686 cropped Crosley passenger 2mp.png

IMG_0688 cropped Crosley Passenger 2mp.png

IMG_0678 (2).JPG

Edited by Douglas Gilmore Brown
fixed pictures (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Not Crosley seats. Not sure what they are out of. Crosley seats are both adjustable by pushing a button and lifting the seat out and reinstalling in a different set of holes. Most Crosleys had 3 set of holes for 3 positions.

Thank you. Jim, for your expert advice.

I added a small pic of the clamps that held these down to the floorboard. They held the horizontal bar on the front of them down, so they could be flipped forward.

Since the man who installed these seats in the Packard shed his mortal coil years ago, now the question is what vehicle they did come from.

Something that had been on thr road a few years back in 1956, or possibly late as 1960, as that was when the Packard was last registered.

Possibly an English sports car ??

Edited by Douglas Gilmore Brown (see edit history)

Something along the lines of a Morris Minor ?  Quite a few British small cars had front seats very similar to these in the early 1950's. Ford Anglia / Prefect , MG Magnete , various Wolsley's, , Riley  and many others.

Greg in Canada