Curious about old Packard collections

TAKerry

I am new to this forum and thought it may be interesting to know if anyone has some of the old cars I knew of. There were 2 Packard collectors in my area of North Eastern MD when I was young. One of the fellow, whose last name was Dugan had quite a few. I remember riding in one for our towns birthday parade around 1970. It was a big open phaeton 1920's or earlier. Dad was good friends with the owner and drove this car, with my family in the rest of the seats. We all had our best period clothes on. Still trying to find a pic. Mr. Dugan had several Packards and a couple were in the parade. I know he also had a yellow roadster, may 1930? All of his cars were pristine. He must have passed away in the late 70's early 80's and his cars disapeared. He had a couple of daughters no idea what they did with them.

Another fellow last name Henry. He had an even bigger collection. He and his wife would tour the country in them. I know she continued to do so after his death. I remember one car he had was a large sedan, Honestly cant remember if it was a closed car, I am thinking it was not. The story Mr. Henry told was that he found it in Mexico. He said it was quite special and the way I remember the front end was nickle plated. I have seen some examples of cars with a polished aluminum front but I am sure his was nickle ( I could be wrong).  

I realize these guys were in the hobby many years ago, but does anyone know of them or what became of their cars?

Yes, that is he. My father knew him fairly well. I had the pleasure of going to his farm on a couple of occasions to look at his cars. I figured at least at one time he would have been very popular in the packard world. I would imagine most of his peers are gone now.

• 1 month later...