Moraine Fuel Filter

Dig

I recently posted in parts wanted, and was able to buy a Moraine pancake style fuel filter for my 1950 Buick Special. The filter I removed had a brass insert on the outflow side of the filter. Looks like it reduces the flow of fuel to the carburetor. Can anyone comment on this, and should I use it on the replacement filter? Thanks.

Thanks Mark. The article does not mention anything about the insert in the filter. I've attached a photo. In the photo it appears that the brass insert is slotted. It is not.

Fuel Filter.JPG

Ben, I may have to call you since we have the exact same car. It's really weird, because if you notice, the piece is not broken off, and in fact it has internal threads. It fits absolutely perfect inside the filter, almost as if it was made for it. I would have never given it a second thought if it hadn't fallen out, which leads me to believe the flow of gas could also push it out. Looking in the back of the carb where it goes in does not give me any more clues as to it's purpose. I'm going to leave it out unless anyone can tell me otherwise.

1593992941_FuelFilterInsert.thumb.JPG.8ebc34bbdd837e768446ada262043183.JPG