Is this a modified Hershey's mobile?

hello folks,

take a look at this web link at tell me "what the hell is that...."!

custom class?

Is this our new modified class? This car has been at Hershey's for years. It would be nice to lean about this car, ie, engine type, stock body, year made, if anyone knows.

Looks like an XK140 on steroids! or the result of an infertility treatment. Either way outstandingly ugly, or as the late Richie Miller use to unkindly say "a real car for social rejects"Which statement by the way, he applied to most of my cars..................... frown.gifconfused.gif

again,

this is not a negative comment, or cheap shot at the modified class. (That's what the rant and rave section is for).

No, after seeing this car for years at Hershey's, I searched my closet for the photo's I took to see if any of you knew what it was. Or how it got on the show field.

But, if this is a "documented" custom....... do the "documents" have to be made out of the same can of Bondo?

A whole show field of mystery cars. Just like Johnny Cash.... One piece at a time.

It might be a Delahaye or Delage-both French cars that I think could still have had custom bodies at that time. Or, if from Italy, possibly an Alfa Romeo or one of the last Isotta-Fraschini's. I'm leaning more toward the Delage or Delahaye.

Yeah, that's kinda what I thought initially, but bear in mind that Saoutchik,Fernandez et Darrin et al, made many custom bodies for american chassis as well although the car illustrated is with the foreign ones. The wheels look too big and thick for a Delehaye.