wanted: 1941 Roadmaster 11” hubcap

valk

Much to my dismay, I lost a hubcap somehow. Never heard it fall off despite having wheel shrouds. Maybe it was swiped but in any event, I need a replacement. Must be perfect to match my others. I know Bob’s and others sell them but thought I’d start here first. I believe ‘41 through ‘50 are the same but not sure. Also, while the Roadmaster has unique size wheels, I believe hubcaps from a special or Century will work (but not Limiteds). 

thanks,

peter

539B99AE-0C9C-4C6F-BA85-586355DD0F0A.jpeg

All of the hubcaps should fit. It is just a different wheel size on the Century, Roadmaster and Limited. The only issue I have found is the plating on the ones I bought from Bob’s. They are nice but sort of have a bronze tint to the plating. Older ones on my other car appear more correct.   You may have to replace four.

• Like 1

Bob’s has new stainless steel ones for 150 each, and Cars, Inc has them for $71(they didn’t know if they were chrome or SS). So I’m trying to determine why the wide disparity. Any ideas?? Don’s only has old crummy ones right now. 

7 hours ago, valk said:

Thanks Ben, any chance I could get a pic?

also, Bobs says the originals were stainless steel, but mine are chrome. Is he correct?

He is correct. Original, as far as I am aware, were all stainless clad.The stainless  "overlay " can be seen on mine.  I have NEVER seen chrome. 

I have some pictures somewhere. I will look.  THEY HAVE NOT BEEN CLEANED AND POLISHED.

I expect both Bob and CARS obtain theirs from the same place.

Ben

Thanks Ben. The one I get will go on a rear wheel under a shroud so it will be mostly hidden. I’m very interested in one of yours if it isn’t too badly worn. 
thanks again Ben

Peter

10 hours ago, valk said:

Thanks Ben. The one I get will go on a rear wheel under a shroud so it will be mostly hidden. I’m very interested in one of yours if it isn’t too badly worn. 
thanks again Ben

Peter

Peter, I will pick out the best I have.  I will try for a pic of same. Sometime today.

Ben

• Thanks 1

Peter, I have inspected the caps I have and this is the best. It is better thn the picture, still not great.  I am not a photographer.IMG_6156.thumb.JPG.25b399a03e7cf71b47b63846c036a99b.JPGIMG_6157.thumb.JPG.51e6998cbccd555e06567e60c8a83189.JPG  

It is yours for postage if you can use. It will polish up a lot better than what you see, mostly paint overspray and water/calcium residue.

Ben

Edited by Ben Bruce aka First Born (see edit history)