FEDCO or Chassis Number

Hi John,

Thanks very much for checking.

The car is a RHD export model which I understand to be a 1929 Chrysler 75.

I haven't been able to find a stamped number anywhere on the Chassis except for this number which is stamped on the RHS front spring hanger.  (The number has been stamped in andis not a casting number).

Unfortunately, the Chrysler FEDCO number on the coaming above the instrument panel is not readable.

Thanks again for the information.

Cheers!

Piston.Broke

OK, I have spent the last hour or so photographing the FEDCO plate from every angle and the best I can come up with is as follows:

C

B??? (Very hard to tell)

Chrysler badge (Slight possibility of a number 6 (above) and 7 (below) stamped as part of the Chrysler badge) I believe that there may be 2 numbers superimposed over the Chrysler badge. Is this correct? If so, they are very hard to make out !

D

So the FEDCO number  could be  - CB678D - does this make any sense???

Any help in ID would be  much appreciated.

Cheers!

Piston.Broke

5 hours ago, Piston.Broke said:

Thanks ply33.

Is there any way to determine more details about individual vehicles/FEDCO numbers from factory records/data?

Thank you.

Not that I am aware of.

Time was that you could send some money And the serial number to the Chrysler Historical Collection and get a copy of the “build card”. But that was for 1930 and newer . And with all the reorganizations with different owners of Chrysler I am not sure the are doing that at all anymore.

Edited by ply33 (see edit history)

Thanks ply33.

I will keep doing my best to research the background of the car.

I understand that it was originally a semi-custom body built by Locke and Company but it is very difficult to get any information on the car and how it was originally despatched from the factory.

Thanks again for your input.

Cheers!

Piston.Broke

Hi dc-8dave and keiser31.

I could be wrong with the numbers but it does look like a 6 and 7 over the Chrysler logo.

Yes, the car was originally owned by a fellow in Victoria, Australia.

The car has  a body tag indicating that it was built by 'Locke and Company' of 'Rochester - New York'. Although it is a coupe, it has some features very similar to the Locke 'Convertible Sedan' built on the 75 chassis. It has been very difficult to find anyone who has any information on Locke bodies built on the 75 chassis. If you have any information on the car could you PM to me.

Thank you.

Piston.Broke

1866227787_29CHRYSLER2.jpg.67d3745e1f648b40fcb038478ca766f5.jpg

• Like 1

Hi again dc-8dave.

You asked if I could post an image to the number of the left frame horn?

Are you able to show me an image where this number is located?

I have looked all over the chassis areas visible and can't find any stamped numbers. Once I know where to look I will have another look and see if I can get an image of the number for you.

Cheers!

Piston.Broke

Thanks dc-8dave.

Great photos and info.

I will have another look in this position on my car to see if I can find a number. (I had looked in this area previously but couldn't find any obvious number).

P.S - Many years ago, I found a beautiful Dodge (around 1926 year model) buckboard/utility which had the 'Budd all steel body'. It was in excellent shape but at that stage, I was not in a position to purchase it and transport it the 1600 km (1000 miles) to my home. I have often wondered if the body (utility style) was a factory Budd body or something that had been made up. It certainly looked very professional.

Thanks again for the info.

Piston.Broke 

Hi dc-8dave.

I have had a look in the area you have indicated but unfortunately, I will have to remove some panelwork to be able to sight the area where the numbers may be stamped.

I will let you know how I get on.

Cheers!

Piston.Broke.