attention to Covid19 era deals

JRA

Yesterday I received an email from a person named “Bob Chris” offering parts, based on a request I had posted on the AACA forum as "WTB 1926 Studebaker Big Six parts". This person alleged his old age, 89, healthy problems and Covid19 crisis for deciding to wreck his car and sell it in parts. He sent a single car’s picture, priced the parts at average market price and requested wire transfer payment. The car seemed to be complete, but never restored. He reinforced many times his honesty and old age. Once he failed to respond some details of the car or sending specific pictures of the parts, trying to postpone responding my requests only to after payment, I had decided to move away from the deal. Too much rush for such type of negotiation.

Investigating the picture he sent me, I found the same car on the internet, apparently it is in Canada, it has been advertised for a while in some websites, for sale, never for parts. I have also found a message in a Norton motorcycles forum about a similar case few days ago, same Covid19 story and with the same email, bobchris463@gmail.com , dealing an antique motorcycle at low price.

The parts seller has insisted many times the price was fair, and payment to his daughter account in anticipation, also asked me to use mask and gloves, and to be careful with the coronavirus.

Due to current situation, many collectors are facing low prices for project cars, so selling it in parts may be financially more attractive, then “great unique opportunities” like this can show up. They could make sense, but they also can be untrue...

We all need to be careful with Covid19, it can bring other problems, not only the disease itself.

I am still looking for a pair of headlights for my 1926 Studebaker big six, EP, and other minor parts for it. In case you know any available for sale, please advise.

Regards,

JRA

6 hours ago, JRA said:

I am still looking for a pair of headlights for my 1926 Studebaker big six, EP, and other minor parts for it. In case you know any available for sale, please advise.

Regards,

JRA

I have a pair of these and have no idea of what they are or when and where I acquired them.  They could be aftermarket, and are probably too small, but check out the attached photos.  I would assess their condition as fair and in need of re-chroming.

Cheers,

Grog

IMG_1555.JPG

IMG_1556.JPG

Hello, Grog. These headlights are not the ones for the 1926 Studebaker Big Six, EP series. The correct ones are drum type, with black enamel back, I believe 10 1/4 inches of diameter.

Thanks, 
JRA