What era spark plugs?

zipdang

I turned these up (literally) in my yard the other day and was curious as to their age. My wife and I purchased an old house last fall and the garage (22x51) was obviously a working automobile service business at least back as far as 1923, maybe earlier. It's great seeing where past mechanics made notes on the old cabinet doors about which car needed what back into the 1930s. Thanks for the help. I'm planning on going to the historical society and seeing what I can learn once this virus thing is over.

Cheers!

IMG_1187.thumb.JPG.fe9956125bac13d3a1c5a36a3e00f07a.JPG

You can STILL buy those style 1/2" NPT  "ribbed" style Champions new at your local parts store (for about 40.oo each!) as oldford says, a few company's used them in their engines,  but by far the most common usage was them being screwed into a Model "T" ford head, with a Fordson tractor probably a close second- both in sheer numbers used and their uncanny ability to continually foul  them out!

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/331880/383523.html?1378080482

64-55833.jpg

Edited by dustycrusty (see edit history)

🤣🤣🤣

I think what Dusty is trying to convey is that it was such a commonly used plug that it’s still available... I highly doubt that you would find anyone willing to pay $0.20 each for the dug up ones, but thanks for the chuckle!