Posting Photos

Hi This question is for Chuck, or anybody else who can answer the question of how to post a photo on this site. If it is possible, I will post photos of interest to the readers. I currently have several things in mind, but photos would be necessary to get the ball rolling. Thanks in advance. Ed Minnie II

edinmass@aol.com for direct email

Guest Chuck Conrad

Ed,

I know that it can be done, but I have to admit that I've never taken the time to figure it out.

I think the way it works is you post your picture on a web site, giving the picture its own web address. Most Internet Service Providers include some web space with your subscription, so you will have to find out how you access what you are already paying for. After you have your picture on your site the address for the picture will be something like:

"http://www.picturesofmypiercearrow@xyz.com"

You would then post your message here, and click on the menu item below the "post" box that says "Image." This will open up a box that will prompt you to enter the web address for the picture. Paste the address of your picture in there, and submit your post as normal.

At least, that is how I think it works. Perhaps Peter G can help, or maybe one of you who has actually done this can help.

Sorry, I'm not more help on this one. It's just another Internet adventure.

Thanks Pete. I have this image uploaded and working on two other sites. It is a jpeg , but the aol server does not post photos the same way most other server do, so I am told. Thanks. I'll try a few more times, if it won't come up I'll send you the photos in the next day or two. Thanks, Ed

Gosh, Ed, nice picture, and I love Pierce's of course, but did you have a problem parking? Geesh, half way up on someone's yard, for goodness sake! Leave any Classic ruts in the yard?

By the way, I am still noodling through my 36 Pierce, and trying to figure out if it is an early, an early late, or a late late. I can't remember all the variations! I bet the guys reading would like to know, too, that there are 3 different versions of 1936 archer carrying vehicular motivations.

happy (Pierce) motoring to all! David Coco

Nice car. A saw a '36 Pierce 8 club sedan at a cruise in on the West side of Columbus, OH 2 years ago, It was two tone tan. Perhaps you know who owned it from the Pierce Club. I know a lot of Packard owners have had problems fitting their side mount covers over some brands of new tires. Some brands are a bit wider than the originals, which makes fitting the covers difficult. Did you have that problem too?

RE Stutsnutz ....... yes the covers very often won't fit over the cover. I seat the tire up on the bead then let out the air. I keep a airtank in the trunk on long trips, but so far have not had a flat in 2o years and 25,000 miles of old car touring/driving. The covers have been on over the tires now for 2 years, it was an old photo. Ed

• Like 1

Back to the question about posting photos, am I correct in understanding that the photo must be on a website? Does this mean that I cannot post a photo that I have stored in my hard drive in a .jpg format? Peter, can you be more specific about what you mean by referencing the URL? Further, what does the "Image" button that appears below the window where we type in the content of our post do? Thanks for your help; I'm determined to figure this out.

The "image" link expects you to enter an image URL. There is no image upload feature.

If you have a photo on your hard drive and dont have a way of putting it on a webserver somewhere so that is has a URL then all you need to do is email it to me and I'll put it on a webserver for you.

Peter