Full Size Reatta Rally & 1:10 Scale Reatta Race

I want to see what if any interest people would have in having a Reatta Rally & R/C Reatta Race in June 2003.

The Idea is to have a Reatta Rally / Show / FUN Filled day. Perhaps get a few vendors have some sort of Food Contest invite the Chamber of Commerce. You know Mayberry meets Reatta Lovers.

While the real Reattas are on display have a mini "Reatta Race". Only Reatta Bodies allowed.

It would be easy for me to have 100 or so 1:10 scale drivers all race a Reatta body race for cool Reatta trophies <VBG>

I am thinking the third Sunday in June of 2003.

Location: Sun Valley California (Next to Burbank, 5 minutes from Burbank Airport)

http://www.kzspeedway.com

We have a great rate worked out with the local Hilton Hotel for people coming from out of town .

I would be honored to host a fun filled day of Reatta Retro!

Please post your thoughts here so I can get an idea if anyone would like to do it or not.

And if so how many would come show their cars. I know we will have to post the event at every Buick dealer far and wide plus the Reatta parts suppliers.

tongue.gif [color:\\"red\\"]

Delighted to make the trip up the freeway come June. Could have two, three, maybe four, convertibles on display. JJ won't let me drive one, even with a booster seat -- but we'll find a way to get 'em up there!

<span style="font-weight: bold">ALF1</span> (Wait till you see the grey 'skins on the black Reatta! Those are such nice people down at the animal shelter....)

Great! We have 5 cars now! If we got it above 20 I will start the promotion.

We have a full time promotions director at the raceway. He needs things to do <VBG>

Any help with ideas will be MOST WELCOME!

tongue.gif

I may not let you go! You have the exact car I am looking for <VBG>!

The body maker was just here we can have a Reatta body DONE in a few weeks if I cna find a mini reatta to have scanned.

Glad you responded! tongue.gif

Guest Reatta1

Gary Abdella in Michigan has the original 1/24 scale models on hand. you could contact him at abby@tm.net. He is also a forum member. I would be interested if we can clear our calendar. Would be a real fun event. grin.gif

From all the calls I am getting it looks like we have the making of a great event.

We need to KICK it up a KNOTCH!

So we have a car show, a mini Reatta Race, I will get some Celberties to do a Charity Pro Am. We will have food booths set up by local charities. Better get a few things for the ladies! Any ideas?

Karlton tongue.gif

this sounds fun. too bad i live in winnipeg. if i know when this is i may head down. hope some day i can meet other reatta owners that actualy care for there cars. grin.gif hope i can make the long trip in my reatta. the old girl has 201768 km's on her but still runs good. any percautions i can take so i don't get stranded on a long trip?

For long trips always pack AAA <VBG>

I just got off the phone with Designworks (BMWs design group in California) They will bring the Z4 prototype to show! tongue.gif

NEW TWIST! Here is some fun news. Our CAR show and 1:10 Scale REATTA R/C race has taken a NEW twist!

Most of you may not know the KZ Speedway is surrounded by Auto Recycling facilities. So I decided to have even a little more fun with the full size car show. Here is the idea to invite the local auto dismantlers to show their best efforts to bring a COUPE back to life. Any Coupe any make any year. Voted best in show by vote of the people coming to the event. The cars must have a before picture and have a SALVAGE TITLE! <EVIL GRIN>

We have our first taker of the challenge 2002 A.D. a well known BMW

yard. http://www.2002ad.com/pages/about.htm

Every dismantler in Sun Valley will be contacted shortly by the Chamber of Commerce inviting them to join in.

tongue.gif

Okay I received the mini Reatta to make the mold off of. We will be scanning it next week! 1:10 scale Reatta on a TC3 with radio and motor $350.00!

IN TIME FOR CHRISTMAS! tongue.gif

LOL laugh.gif Hopefully you had enough room for the servo's and radio equip. to beable to turn the car! Let me know when you are goin' to ship it back, I'm gonna have u ship it to my work place so I dont have to be at home to try and sign for it. That would be great. I hope the model works out for ya!! And a big thanks for doing this!! I wish I could travel out to Cali to thank you in person and partake in the Reatta Race but work and finances will not allow it at this time. It's a great thing that your putting together and I'm sure it will be a success!! wink.gif

I'm not familiar with these radio controlled cars. There are no details in the post. Lets have a little more discussion.

Is the body molded or vacumn formed? Do they come as molded and the buyer must paint and detail the car? What kind of engine? Electric motor, gas, ???

Any suspension or basically straight axels?

How easy is this to do and where is the break even point on bodies? I have a slight interest in a Corvair body.

Normaly don't respond to annoymous, but the registered user's may want to know. The TC3 is made by Team Associated, there is a electric and a Nitro version, and I believe that they are all wheel drive.I have a HPI RS 4 3 Type SS. It is a Nitro all wheel drive that uses driveshafts instead of belts. Very quick for the money. Under $300 for the kit. I also have a team Associated RC10 B3 Buggy that is for off Road racing and it is also 1:10 scale. Electric powered, very agile, pretty quick, and can take a hell of a beating. For all of your R/C interests, check out www.towerhobbies.com They offer all brands of RC cars, trucks, planes, copters, and boats and the accessories for them. cool.gif

another concern may be the control frequencies. How many will be offered for the 1:10 scale reattas? This will determine how many cars can race at one time w/o the controls being crossed =(

eddy.eddy@verizon.net I'll be attending so information will be appreciated

Frq control is done by splitting up the heats. Most Ready to Run (RTR) cars have 27Mhz radios in them. There are 6 channels on 27Mhz and 30 on 75Mhz so we have 36 choices when we race. Normally it is not a problem. Our race managment software sets the heats. tongue.gif

Tnheygirl here

Karlton you asked what for the ladies. How about a few fine bodybuilders in loin cloths to ...well...just stand around and tell us how good we look in our Reatta's!

Actually it would be nice if t-shirts were being sold in womens sizes like smalls and mediums. Or better, actual tapered shirts for women instead of the raceway style t-shirts which never fit women. Dark blue color instead of white. Also if hats are being sold most women prefer ballcaps (smaller bills fitted cap) not hats. grin.gif

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...