Looking for late 20s Studebaker gauge panel

Hey all,

I’m looking for the following gauge panel. Either the square hole or the circle holes will work. Please let me know if you have anything. Please note the engraving top and bottom. The panel is about 15.6” long. 

If you have something please email aaronbailey.us@Gmail.com

B43651E3-D05C-41E0-AF51-8E70B029486F.jpeg

image.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

What model Studebaker is this for? My 1928 Dictator only has 4 openings in the dash panel. See pic.

I have a spare four hole panel I would sell.

it is just the panel, no gauges as I’m keeping the gauges as I have two cars.

whereabouts are you? I’m in England.

regards

wayne 

CAF53A2F-9128-4C21-8D3B-3636ED891F09.jpeg

1871B4D4-FEDC-4C21-BC71-EC79989663C8.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, studerex said:

The 5 hole was 28 to 31 president.  The round gauges are 32 33.   What are you working on?

Thanks StudeRex for the information.

I am currently preparing the car in anticipation with Joe sorting out the body.

I’ve spoken to him at length in regards to the eventual outcome and expectations and he is in full agreement with the Forum Professionals in maintaining the authenticity and making it period correct and complete, not a museum quality show car, an original Driver.

I have now relocated the rear Brake light, Rumble Seat Steps, Accelerator and working on the Golf Door to align it with a RHD car as previously mentioned by StudiePrez.

I’m also sorting out the Rain Channel around the Rumble Seat .

As Joe has been working on another of my cars he should be ready to accept the Studebaker next week or so.

I’m mindful of not to get too far ahead of myself in fear of “Biting off more than I can chew” as I’m reliant on people and the car is too important in my opinion.

The Covid 19 situation is not helping either.

I must confess I’m becoming quite anxious though.

frank 

30 minutes ago, Touts said:

Thanks StudeRex for the information.

I am currently preparing the car in anticipation with Joe sorting out the body.

I’ve spoken to him at length in regards to the eventual outcome and expectations and he is in full agreement with the Forum Professionals in maintaining the authenticity and making it period correct and complete, not a museum quality show car, an original Driver.

I have now relocated the rear Brake light, Rumble Seat Steps, Accelerator and working on the Golf Door to align it with a RHD car as previously mentioned by StudiePrez.

I’m also sorting out the Rain Channel around the Rumble Seat .

As Joe has been working on another of my cars he should be ready to accept the Studebaker next week or so.

I’m mindful of not to get too far ahead of myself in fear of “Biting off more than I can chew” as I’m reliant on people and the car is too important in my opinion.

The Covid 19 situation is not helping either.

I must confess I’m becoming quite anxious though.

frank 

I have read a lot of the discussion re your car and haven't gone back to see what the 'problem' with the golf bag door is but for reference, the right hand drive Dictator which I recently purchased - but have not yet been able to collect due to the lockdown - has its little door on the right.  I can only assume it is original as the restorer of the car passed away a few years ago. I just presume that because so few of these were built in right hand drive that they did not bother making a pressing for a left side mounted door.

1269556144 a.jpg

18 minutes ago, nzcarnerd said:

I have read a lot of the discussion re your car and haven't gone back to see what the 'problem' with the golf bag door is but for reference, the right hand drive Dictator which I recently purchased - but have not yet been able to collect due to the lockdown - has its little door on the right.  I can only assume it is original as the restorer of the car passed away a few years ago. I just presume that because so few of these were built in right hand drive that they did not bother making a pressing for a left side mounted door.

1269556144 a.jpg

Thanks for the information, and congratulations on your great looking car.

I agree that the RHD Golf Door  was probably not taken into consideration due to the numbers.

During the Forum’s “Forensic Report “ it was noted that the car had a few inconsistencies including the Steps to the Rumble Seat / Rear Brake Light and Golf Door location re RHD cars.

Noted restoration options were given.

As it has now been accepted that the car required some work to make it period correct and complete,  in particular to the Rumble Seat Rain Channel area, I am taking the opportunity to move the Golf Door as it would have been for a correct RHD car.

That is that one does not have to face oncoming cars to load the clubs ? 
My existing Golf Door is also apparently the wrong shape around the Wheel Arch.

It was a fair comment in my opinion to make the RHD car correct even though it’s  history is what it is.

I would find it difficult to live knowing that I went to all that trouble and not corrected it, I have issues 🤔

Regards, Frank