Sign in to follow this  
sjbB112

1966 Riviera Paint Code Help

If you want to take a real visual image trip and see what lighting and different cameras and angles do for color do this. Type 'Pontiac blue charcoal' into your browser then when the search is over, click on the images link.¬† If there are 25 cars pictured, you'll see 25 different colors. ūü§Ē

18 hours ago, 1965rivgs said:

The picture Jason posted is from the ROA meet in Gettysburg which I attended. The picture looks rather dark, at least on my laptop. My experience is that Gunmetal has a lighter shade appearance with more silver/gray highlights. Jason, what do you think?

Tom

I can't recall if that car was a repaint or not. Perhaps it was and older repaint. When you saw the car in Gettysburg what did you think Tom? As I recall in person it did look a bit lighter much like the bluing on a gun barrel only with metallic. I thought I had a pic of the Fisher tag. I'll have to look. I know there can be slight variations in colors in different years that use same or similar name.

I was so excited by this color I purchased some from the autocolorlibrary TPI people.  I think a color change from Desert Beige might be in order.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Ted "Wildcat65" Nagel said:

I was so excited by this color I purchased some from the autocolorlibrary TPI people.  I think a color change from Desert Beige might be in order.

Hi Ted,

Which type of paint material did you choose?

Tom 

2 hours ago, Ted "Wildcat65" Nagel said:

I think urethane base coat.  I'm sending it to the guy that painted the Stage 1 to spray out.

Nice!...would be cool to see the sprayout...did they specify this color only available in particular paint types or was it available in all paint types?

Tom