Hupmobile 1928 6 A Sedan harmonic balancer

Mark Vaisanen

Hello!

My wife and I are updating many things of our Hupmobile, harmonic balancer is reburfished, overhauling, sandblasting and painting. Now I am looking information tighten moment of harmonic balancer bolt? 

And second: motor temperature indicator are missing, is it very rare part?

-Mark-

Mar

Mark,  your Hupmobile did  not  come  with  a temperature gauge  in  the  cabin. It  set on  the  top  of  the  radiator. Hupp first started  using a  temperature gauge in  the  cabin  on the  dash in the 1931 model L. If  you  are not  a member  of  the  Hupp  club,  all the  questions  you  have  could  be  answered  for  you  by the  tec.  guy on  you  Hupp  model for  FREE. We  have members that  specialize in  all the  Hupp  models and  are  a  great source  information. May be  one  of  our  members may  know what to  use  for  a torque value for  the  nut.  

Hello!

And I am very grateful for advice. I must to do of Hupp club. My wifes father make a big restoration for Hupp  on years 1970-80. And we want keep it ok. So this is very special car to wife and me. We like very much old American cars.

-Mark-

• Like 1

On 3/2/2020 at 3:36 AM, Hupp36 said:

Mar

Mark,  your Hupmobile did  not  come  with  a temperature gauge  in  the  cabin. It  set on  the  top  of  the  radiator. Hupp first started  using a  temperature gauge in  the  cabin  on the  dash in the 1931 model L. If  you  are not  a member  of  the  Hupp  club,  all the  questions  you  have  could  be  answered  for  you  by the  tec.  guy on  you  Hupp  model for  FREE. We  have members that  specialize in  all the  Hupp  models and  are  a  great source  information. May be  one  of  our  members may  know what to  use  for  a torque value for  the  nut.  

Hello!

Can you tell Hupp club site adress?

-Mark-

18 hours ago, JFranklin said:

Hi Mark, this is the photo I have of my 1928 model A Hupp. We drove it out and on/off the trailer.

hupmobile .jpg

Hello!

Nice looking Hupp! what about steel wheels, are they original? I was read Floyd Clymer`s historical catalog of 1929 cars and I found steel wheels Hupmobile eight, seven passenger sedan M. Maybe somebody has exchange wood wheels to steel??

Wood  was  standard,  disc was  optional. Kelsey Hayes made a special wood wheel that I  have  on my  1928 Model  A  Hupp  roadster. but  not  able to  show  a pic. The    Model M  Hupp had  optional wire wheels in  1928. The 1929 Model  A Hupp roadster and  town sedan had  wire  wheels as  optional The  Models, H  and U , S and L had  wire wheels as  optional in 1930.1931 and  1932.  Maybe I  missed some  but  that  will  tell  you  what  you  want  to  know.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/5/2020 at 3:37 PM, Mark Vaisanen said:

Hello!

We live in Finland, north Europe. Sweden is westside and Russian is eastside. Those pictures was taken in Yankee Car Show 2014, our home town is Lahti. We win 2 prices, Vintage I and Autorama II.

-Mark-

Mark, 

Beautiful Hupmobile! I also encourage you to join the Hupp club. Wonderful people, with lots of knowledge about these terrific cars. I am a member, and I have an older, 1923 Hupp touring car. Hope to meet you someday. ------Jim W

• Like 1