Kingston Carb

JO BO

Thanks for quick responses. Literature I have found states a Kingston carb was used. Kiblingers were built 1907-1909. I assume some surviving Kiblingers May have other then original etc.  do you have model list available for years 1907-1909?  Thanks

I have very little data on Kiblinger.

There is a short blurb in "Standard Catalog of American Cars" (page 741) showing Kiblinger from 1907-1909 with models A (4 HP), B and C (6 HP), and D, E, and F (10 HP) 2 cylinder air cooled engines.

There is a photocopy of an ad on Wiki showing the Kiblinger as a 12 HP, no model given.

The surviving Kingston literature is very incomplete, especially on automobile applications (much better on tractors), but has no reference to Kiblinger.

There is no information in either the Standard Catalog as to engine displacement (same size for 4 through 12 HP? doubtful) or carburetor information.

As stated earlier, the picture on conceptcarz's site shows a Schebler model D, but nothing about the Kiblinger model, HP, engine size, etc.

Just speculating that different size engines may have been used, and different carbs may have been used on the different size engines.

The most common carbs found in the USA in the 1907~1909 period were Holley Brothers, Kingston, and Schebler, the Schebler being more complex, and more expensive than the other two.

Unless you can find a picture of your exact model and engine from the 1907~1909 period, probably impossible to say for certain what was used. Which also means it will be impossible to prove you are wrong if you pick one. If you have such a picture, you might post it, and someone might recognize it, as I did the Schebler on the car on conceptcarz.

Today, the Holley Brothers and especially the Kingston from the 1907~1909 era are very scarce and expensive due to the Model T Ford folks. Both Holley and Kingston made visible changes (totally different carbs) in 1910. While the Schebler D was produced from about 1903 to post WWII. Difficult to differentiate a Schebler D from say 1907 from one produced in 1935, thus the Schebler D is much more readily available and less cost.

Jon.